Sign in to follow this  

what to eat/ drink before race

Granola bars, Gatorade, water between motos

Before? depends on time of launch... normal meal but nothing too heavy, wait at least an hour to digest

Be sure to drink lots of water the day before too, helps keep you hydrated the next day.

this is usually the food I bring with me to the track:

banana, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, granola bar, cliff bar, and fruit snacks.

to drink I bring a gallon jug of water mixed with a 32 oz gatorade

Every time I practice I bring a couple PB&J's, couple bananas, lots of water, a gronola bar, and some gatorade. The bananas and PBJ's seem to do very well. Try to stay away from heavy starch foods, or high carbohydrated foods, they will just make you tired and lazy. I know from experience, and It was not good... I decided to stuff my face full of taco bell before I went riding once... I will not do that again, haha.

yea, last weekend i had mcdonalds before i practiced.....wow. thats why im asking what everyone has. that was the worst feeling ever.

I usually get Subway, eat half, save half for later. I don't eat anything else though, just drink tons of water. I got McDonolds before, the double cheesburgers come back to haunt you after a couple hours though. :thumbsup: Plus, I need to watch my weight.

about like every one else has said i usually take like ham and cheese sandwiches, banana's for sure they help alor ith arm pump if you have that problem. Water and gatoraid. one thing i have goten hooked on is those propel water drink they help my body alot on race day. i can acually tell a difference. in the morning try to eat a good breakfast. well rounded. i usually eat a bowl of good healthy cereal and some scrambled eggs with a class of orange juice.

now if you really want to get into eating b4 a race look at wut u are eating all week every week, not just the week b4 a race. Soda is really bad for your muscles even if you are drinkin some of it on like mon-wed. your normal weekly diet can play a big roll too. try to avoid fast food i have not eatin any in about 3 months now and i honestly cant remember the last soda i drank. when i stoped eating these things and got a good weekly diet going i noticed a big difference on the track. look into if you want its worth it :thumbsup:

I have a race tomorrow and what i have packed in the the cooler now is Ham sandwiches, 64 oz. blue frost gatorade, salt and vinegar chips( they somehow keep me from getting the shakes, and bananas. I try not to bring many dairy products those make me sick riding on the track after i've eatin something with cream or after I've drunk milk it makes me real sick and I try not to eat a lot of eggs and bacon in the morning to it gives me heart burn. Hope that helped

Try to stay away from....high carbohydrated foods, they will just make you tired and lazy.

Are you talking about simple or complex carbs? Cause when I played HS football, the day before a game we always had a big speghetti feed. Supposedly it was so we'd be loaded up with complex carbs before the game the next day, but IMO it was just good s'ghetti :thumbsup:

Are you talking about simple or complex carbs? Cause when I played HS football, the day before a game we always had a big speghetti feed. Supposedly it was so we'd be loaded up with complex carbs before the game the next day, but IMO it was just good s'ghetti :thumbsup:

I am talking within 15 minutes of eating the high carbs. ZzZzZzZzZzZ

water, bananas, powerade, kiwifruit, peanuts, choclate anything with potasium (sp?)

Dinner the night before: pasta or whatever is for dinner, tons of water.

Breakfast:eggs and toast

Before I leave:homemade smoothie(usually apple juice, strawberries and ice)

Then during the day water, water and more water. Oh yeah, and PB&J. And that is pretty much it.

Also before when I used to ride like a goon and have horrible form I used to take stuff for armpump. Like asprin, potassium pills, orange juice(potassium), and probably other stuff. But I now don't I don't need all that crap.

Before and after races...

Taco Bell - 2 Grilled Stuft Burritos, steak with no fiesta (tomatoes)

Before ride: PB and honey, glass of water, banana

During: Water

After: Water, Gatorade, PB and honey

People say "ugh honey?" but that's good stuff.