Sign in to follow this  

o6' wr250/yzf250 rear fender

I am changing my wr250 rear fender to a 05' yzf250, anybody done this?? Anything I have to "modify" for a smooth transition???

Ive done this on my 04 wr250f. It was easy! If ur wr is o6, then buy and 06 yz250f rear fender and u'll be good to go!

Ive done this on my 04 wr250f. It was easy! If ur wr is o6, then buy and 06 yz250f rear fender and u'll be good to go!

Not! 06 YZF is aluminum frame...

I thought I had to buy a 05' yzf fender because in 06" the yzf's had an alum. frame, right?? Or am I wrong.

Med Man,

Yes, do NOT buy the 06 YZF fender, it won't fit. Get the 03-05.

But,,,, don't buy the YZF fender. It won't have the cutouts for your overflow bottle's brackets Instead, Acerbis makes a YZF style fender for the WR which has the cutouts already in. UFO's YZF fender has little indents where you need to cut out as well. IMO the UFO was sort of floppy, especially after I put a tail light assy on it.

Good luck with it.

Med Man,

Yes, do NOT buy the 06 YZF fender, it won't fit. Get the 03-05.

But,,,, don't buy the YZF fender. It won't have the cutouts for your overflow bottle's brackets Instead, Acerbis makes a YZF style fender for the WR which has the cutouts already in. UFO's YZF fender has little indents where you need to cut out as well. IMO the UFO was sort of floppy, especially after I put a tail light assy on it.

Good luck with it.

Hey Joe... Good timing, I was going to pick-up this fender tonight at Yamaha on my way home. Good to know that it really wont work, I will take your advise and buy after-market. thanks again!!