Sign in to follow this  

Clutch pulled in, bike pulling forward..How to fix???

When I come to a stop and in gear with the clutch lever pulled in, my bike pulls forward and will stall if I use the break. If I do not use the break it will pull forward while idling and I have to Put it in neutral. It just started doing this and I have adjusted the cable adjustment at the lever and no change ...Anyone have an answer to fix and what is causing this...??

04 YZ250F

Thanks... :thumbsup::ride:

When I come to a stop and in gear with the clutch lever pulled in, my bike pulls forward and will stall if I use the break. If I do not use the break it will pull forward while idling and I have to Put it in neutral. It just started doing this and I have adjusted the cable adjustment at the lever and no change ...Anyone have an answer to fix and what is causing this...??

04 YZ250F

Thanks... :thumbsup::ride:

Hey, also heres a great link on the issue http://www.thumperfaq.com/clutch_mods.htm#79

Now that the search is back up I have found previous threads on this, sounds like a common issue. Bike has been setting for a bit, so I am sure the oil is sticking the plates. With the fluid changes and mods in the threads I am sure that I can now resolve the problem...

Thanks to all......

I have this on my 05 WR250. I've taken it apart, but here's the best cure- change oil as stated, AND give the clutch a bit of good old slipping w/ revving. Don't be too cruel and unusual, but give it mild working over. Your shifting will be easier and you will be able to find neutral.

Funny thing, is that of all the bikes in my garage, the 03 has the most clutch pounding, but it shifts the best of the gang.