Sign in to follow this  

Mirage Balboa Trailer

Hi Guys

Anyone have any input on these trailers.

If you havent herd of them check this link out

http://www.mirageinc.com/Toy_hauler/balboa_Toy.htm

I love the idea of these. They seem way better built and are lighter than most others. I am looking to use it for work and play so I need something that will hold up to alot of use.

I have never talked to anyone who ownes one or knows anything about them, so if you have any info, I would love to hear it.

Thanks

Dave

wwww.dvproductions.info

The Balboa is built in Boise, Idaho. These trailers are all steel framed with aluminum skin (you choose color) (not stick and tin like standard toy haulers) The Balboa comes with adjustable torsion axles with LED exterior lights. The interior comes with all aluminum cabinets (you choose color) and vinyl sofas/beds and dinettes/beds, it's very strong and extremely easy to clean and keep clean. This unit was designed around the companies enclosed Race Car Trailer so the rear ramp and chassis are strong enough to haul a car. These trailers are limited in production and the dealers are getting a premium due to the fact that they are selling so fast.

I looked at them and really like them. What does a adjustable torsion axel do?

Torsion axles are all rubber ride (not sprung) They ride independant of each other and have a 5 year warranty as opposed to 2 year that come with the old spring axles. They provide a much smoother ride when loaded . All high end Race Car and Horse Trailers use Torsion axles.

The adjustable part of the axle works like a motorcycle gearshift. you can raise or lower the height of the trailer depending on the type of terrain you will be traveling on

Thanks for the info. The adjustable axle sounds like a good idea. Lower it down for freeway and raise up for rough dirt road. How much of a adjustment range do the have and how is it controlled?

approx 3-4 " and works like a motorcycle gear shift (trailing arm is on spline shaft) remove one bolt and adjust torsion arm.

Nice unit! 80 gallon water tank! Very nice! GVWR is double of the GCWR! Again, very nice!

Hey Guys

Thanks for the info.

It seems these are really well made. I am now trying to see if the extra 10k it costs over my second choice( the keystone HOBBI) is worth it.

If anyone out there ownes ether one of these, I would love to hear your comments on them.

Thanks

Dave

www.dvproductions.info

Anybody have any info on any of the other Mirage trailers? I'm thinking about the Xtera, probably in a 7X14. Thoughts?

I own a Balboa 26ft toyhauler and for the most part I like it. I bought it because I didn't need a trailer with a tall profile and I really liked the interior. The main problem I have had with it is some of the screws on the exterior breaking.The factory says they were over torqued and offered to send me new screws! If I am going to go to all the trouble of drilling them out I would rather replace them with rivets. Any questions let me know.

vangasman

I have been seriously looking at these for a while. Up until recently I have not been able to find anyone who owns for. Where did you purchase yours? What model year? Do you think that the advertised weights are correct? Did you custom order?

Stealman,

My balboa is a 2007 I bought barely used. It only had 3.8 hours on the gen set. I am going to guess they are fairly accurate on the weight. If you get a hitch with the correct distribution bars and set it up correctly you should not have a problem. I have a front bedroom so the kitchen is closer to the axles and takes some of the weight off the tongue. Left a post on the diesel resource site too.

Good luck Vangasman

I know its a little late for this reply, however, I purchased a 2008 Balboa 34' with all the trimmings. I am sad to report that these trailers do not live up to their specifications. My trailer within 1.2 years had a cracked gas tank, fractured skin and now the frame where it meets the cross-member has separated. These items are just the tip of the iceberg, I do not suggest to buy these trailers. Reply to this post and I will show you more issues. Balboa has not stood behind their product, if you have issues with your trailer let me know.

The gas tank on my balboa got a crack in the weld at the drain plug. The biggest pain was removing and installing it. I have had several screws on the outside break but that hasn't happened in a while. For some reason the bed in the rear has always needed to be plugged in or the generator running to go up or down. Other than these problems I am pretty happy with it. I'm sure that most of the major components are manufactured by other company's such as the frame, gas tank, etc. I know when I had a tire go bad that they told me to contact the axle manufacturer and they sent one right out. Sorry to hear about your problems, for what they get for these new you would hope that you wouldn't have any. The customer service seemed a little lacking any time I had to call. I've had other trailers and motor homes and they all require constant maintenance. Thats what happens when you drag your house behind your pick up! Let me know if I can help out.

John

I have a Balboa 18' trailer, it is fully equipped and in my experience the best trailer made, I bought it new in 2007, my third toy hauler after a sierra and a weekend warrior. The ONLY problem iv'e had was a leaking fuel tank which was replaced by the manufacturer of the tank, (AERO fuel tanks formerly in Corona, now in San Bernadino CA) under warranty.

This trailer tows better and is built better than either of the two other toy haulers Iv'e owned, :thumbsup: