Sign in to follow this  

DRZ Problems - Help Eddie!

Hi Eddie, Been on the jetting site for the past few evenings looking for info. Someplace I saw where the different items (jets, needle etc,)affect performance at different throttle openings, but can't find it now. Can you direct me?

I have an '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S

My buddy Sonorawfo died over a year ago. He did all my carb work for me. 3X3 mod, cut out the end of the tailpipe and jetted the carb. When I tried to start the bike again after sitting nearly a year, it wouldn't run. (My fault for not running the bike, but too depressed to ride) I used to be a great carb guy (for cars) so I pulled the carb out, and took it apart to clean it. Put it back together and now it wont idle. When I push the choke in, it dies. I have the idle screw all the way in to the end of the adjustment, but still dies. I live at about 100' elevation, but do most of my riding at 2500' and higher. I have a 134 main jet, a 22.5 pilot jet and the fuel screw out at 2 turns (Where it was when I disassembled the carb.)It has the dj needle and spring, and I didn't change anything on it.

I bought his Suzuki from his widow, but I've kept it running, so I have no problems with it, other than the battery crapping out.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Greybeard

I plugged the tube from the canister when I pulled off the canister, but I'll check, and i'll re clean the pilot.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where I can find the chart or list of how the different carb components affect performance at different throttle openings?

Greybeard