DS 80 gas mix?

I am trying to get this DS80 ready for my little brother and I finally got it done. not too much just new tires, re-spoked a rim, cleaned all carb, new air filter and suspension for him. the only problem is what do I mix the gas at?? lol, I have no clue but my dad says he thinks it was a 40:1 mix but that sounds a little lean. anyone know what the average mix is? thanks for any advice also, he needs it ASAP, lol. :thumbsup:

40:1 is sort of lean on oil (rich on gas).

My son has an '01 JR80 which I believe has the same motor as the DS80. The oil pump was removed by the previous owner because he didn't trust the oil injector, so we premix. 32:1 has been working all summer long.

I will say that on one occasion I recognized, after the fact, that I had mixed at about 20:1. It had no adverse effect, in fact it smoked a little less because the bike runs a tad rich.

Your safe at 32:1.

Yeah, the DS and the JR come with the oil injection. The guy we bought the JR80 from had removed it and was premixing (old school, didn't trust them). I've actually got the oil tank and I'm sure it'll work, but I followed suit with the premix.