Front brake setup thread! what you running? and how you like it?

at the minute I'm running a brembo 4pot with a 320mm floating disk, and a master cylinder of a CBR600...

the brembo is a great brake, but i can stand it. every time i have to change tires i have to take the pads out as-well as take of the caliper its self. then put the caliper back on and slip the pads in. it just takes to long. especially when you're your own mechanic....

i would not recommend using a master cylinder of a road bike... i have bled mine thousands of times and its still not right. it even started to get worse last weekend as it heated up. theres not way that from the fluid I'm using. i use only the best.

i will be changing mine as soon as possible. most likely going to get a full moto-master setup.

so what are you guys running and do u like it??

Brembo master, Beringer 6-piston caliper, Beringer rotor, braided line....but that's what came on my new bike ?

On my DRZ, I used to run the stock master, stock caliper, braided line, and MotoMaster 320mm rotor. I had to either remove the pads or the rotor to get the caliper out. I finally shaved down the backside of the caliper to do away with the hassle.

Braking 4 pot slim line caliper Braking 320mm wave disk braided line Brembo master cylinder (same as 620 monster, 1100 Guzzi california) with an NX650 leaver ,bolts striaght in, the road bike leavers were stupidly long. I think you will find even on road bikes its a bit fiddly to get the caliper out athough you usally don't have to remove the pads. Caliper comes in and out ok plenty of stopping power the master cylinder is desinged for single caliper use havn't had any fade problems but I'm certianly no gun rider. Perhaps a little more feel would be nice athough the rear is probally worse (for feel).

03' yz450f

17" front wheel

Motomaster caliper and rotor(racing)

Yamaha R1 master cylinder

I only have to remove the pads to take the front wheel off. I do not have to remove the caliper or the bracket.

I dislike the Yamaha master cylinder because it lacks feel. The lever is hard as a rock but at 19x18 I should'nt expect any less. The supersport bikes master cylinders are designed for two calipers so there is too much pressure and not enough feel. IMO

I think I am going to try a simple 15mm brembo for $125.00

2wheels, have you tried prying the caliper to the side to pry the pads out and allow the caliper to just squeak by the rim? My Husky has the Brembo caliper and I find that it takes some fiddling and sticking my toungue out the corner of my mouth "just" right but with the loose pads I can get it off even if it's just barely.

And it sounds like your CBR master may require rebuilding. It's like it's letting an airbubble get by. And while you SAY you are using the best brake fluid just what is it that you are using?

if you have a motomaster setup go with AT THE MOST at 13.5... if you go any bigger youll get NO feel (on/off). go with a master off of a TRX400. if you are using a Braking setup, go with a 16mm radial. r1/r6 2005-6. PERFECT!

dan

Dan definitely has the right answer.

The TRX400 master is a 1/2 inch master (13mm). In fact very similar to a stock DRZ-S or DRZ-SM master (1/2 inch) which is also perfect for the Motomaster front caliper and works beautifully.

I also have to drop my pads out of the caliper to get the wheel off. But on the motomaster thats a piece of cake.... One pin you can remove by hand pretty much. With my Marzocchi forks I also have to take the caliper off because the fork spacing is so narrow.

I have yet to find someone that doesn't love my brakes though. They absolutely rock.

2wheels, have you tried prying the caliper to the side to pry the pads out and allow the caliper to just squeak by the rim? My Husky has the Brembo caliper and I find that it takes some fiddling and sticking my toungue out the corner of my mouth "just" right but with the loose pads I can get it off even if it's just barely.

And it sounds like your CBR master may require rebuilding. It's like it's letting an airbubble get by. And while you SAY you are using the best brake fluid just what is it that you are using?

yes i have....even after taking the pads out i have to pry the cycinders closed.... :ride: ....i gots a feelin it needs rebuild..buyin cheap from the breakers ain't always the best way to save cash.... :applause:....

best brake fuild is fully synthetic stuff normally used in rally cars...i'll not tell ya how much it normally costs, all you need to know is that when supermoto des nations was on here, i got a free (rather large) sample from a factory mechanic..?