Sign in to follow this  

SHIT IVE GOT A BIG PROBLEM HELP>>>

i couldent beleave it.... i was out riding my bike in the fields when the farmer stoped to talk to me.. so we had our little takl and everything and when i go to leave i pull out my kick start and i give it a kick...ITS FALLS OFF???? like the bolt snaped or something im not sure at all. will this cost me alot of money to fix??

will this cost me alot of money to fix??

Probably only a kagillion dollars $$$

Depends on what happened. If it's just a broken bolt it will cost you a new bolt and maybe a tool to get the old one out.

Same thing happened to me on my brothers RMZ, it was nothing, just a new bolt and retap the threads, hopefully you should be fine. Probably just lost the bolt, thats all.

Ok the bolt snapped and there is some metal around the bolt so im guessing its nto only the bolt that broke,...and in the hole where the kick start usaly is there is the other half of the bolt and some metal that snapped to...

Easy fix, your bolt just probably broke off inside.

Tools needed.

Drill

Easy out

Drill bit to go with that size easy out.

Drill the hole

Thread in the easy out

Turn it back out and the bolt should come right out. :thumbsup:

And you shouldn't have to retap the threads, maybe just run a tap through to clean up the threads.

2 of our riders both on KTM's had their bolt brake off inside within a 3 week period, both used this method with great success.

I bought an easy out with the drill bit at Wal-Mart a while back under $10.00

Should be available at a good hardware store also.

If you can drill a hole, and turn in a bolt than it's a 10 minute job, or you can pay a shop to do the same thing and their going to charge you an hour labor, probably around $70.00 :thumbsup:

i rather pay 70$ then me do it and mess it up even more then it is.. and if its not only the bolt that broke how seriosu can this get

i rather pay 70$ then me do it and mess it up even more then it is.. and if its not only the bolt that broke how seriosu can this get

Why bother making a post about it then? Why not just take it to the shop monkeys have them bend you over move your thong out of the way and take turns raping your :thumbsup: . Then send you on your way with a new bolt and fixed kick starter.

Im gonna be the one to say it. If you cant fix something that simple then you dont deserve to own a bike. :thumbsup:

This is all in your hands...you can take the advice given to you and fix it yourself because THAT IS the problem unless you arent telling us something. Otherwise you can take it to the dealership...pay an obsurd amount of money to have them laugh at you and do a 5 minute fix. :ride:

yeh but i was looking at it and its not only the bolt thats broken... is there anythign els but a bolt in the lever? cuz i see a broken bolt and around it there is metal thats been broken :thumbsup:

yeh but i was looking at it and its not only the bolt thats broken... is there anythign els but a bolt in the lever? cuz i see a broken bolt and around it there is metal thats been broken :thumbsup:

dude, seeing how your a newb here, I'm gunna help you out a little bit, before posting a thread, use the search action to see if anyone else has had a similar problem, also, for Christ sake, use spell check, if not your not going to get any help, just alot of flaming from the guys, and a few comments about you being a retard.

as for the bolt problem, your frigging retarded, its a bolt, can you even clean an air filter? do you know where.what an air filter is? how about tranni oil, are you gunna go to the shop and have them do EVERYTHING for you? I guarantee in about 3 weeks this guy is gunna Post a thread, "damn this sport is expensive" and hes gunna complain how much a 5.00 bottle of oil and a size 12 wrench cost him 70.00 at the shop use spell check to you dummy :ride:

oil-5.00

wrench-3.00

hourly shop rate-70.00

flaming a stupid kid who walks into your shop asking for you to change his oil..........priceless

Same thing happened to me, but my kickstarter fell off. If you REALLY dont want to deal with it, just ride around with your kickstarter in your boot.. Thats what I did for the day lol.

because im nto sure if its only the bolt thats been broken :thumbsup:

Are you by chance related to crfkilla?