Sign in to follow this  

So...I got a job.

At the Yamaha Dealer today! I was supposed to go riding today, but the GYTR Skid plate I got, the screw holes didn't line up right, one was off by a tiny bit, so I go to return it, then the guy talks to me. He's like "I don't know you much, but the few times you came in here and we talked I can tell you know a lot about this stuff. You looking for a job by any chance?" I was like "Yeah, I'm actually, we just moved up here from Detroit, so I'm looking for a part-time job until I graduate." Then he's like, "well that's great, we are looking for some counter help!"

So he talked to his boss for me, then we both talked, then I walked out with a job. I do the counter stuff, ordering parts, easy job really, but it should be fun.

I guess everything happens for a reason (Skid plate not fitting, I go to dealer, I find a job that I was trying to find for a couple months now). w00t.

How is you're day so far?

*EDIT* This can be moved to Town Square, I thought I was in Town Square...sorry.

Congrats, thats exciting. Iv'e always wanted to work at a dealer but maybe in a few years I will own one instead! Good luck at the new job.

Thats Awesome Bro.

Think of the perks & discounts!

Congrats.

Thats Awesome Bro.

Think of the perks & discounts!

Congrats.

Yep, I already get discounts from the guy that hooked me up with the job anyways, but now I can get even bigger ones. The guy is pretty cool, first time I ever walked in there he gave me a pretty good discount on a case of oil and oil filters.

Luckyyyy, oil and oil filters kill me every time. Its like 24 bucks for the oil i run and another 8 bucks for a stupid filter.

I hand out freebies at the Suzuki shop... The owners know my dad and Ive owned Suzuki's for over 5 years in a row.

**Edit** They GAVE me the 85 (108cc) I own right now. It was overstock and I did well that season...

Nice man Congrats!! :thumbsup:

How bid is the discount they give you??

I dont work at a dealer, but im sponsored by one and they give up to 40% discount on any product in the store!!

Congrats....get me some hookups....you could say were friends right?....lol...I want a 2007 YZ250F for $3000 otd.....

Nice man Congrats!! :thumbsup:

How bid is the discount they give you??

I dont work at a dealer, but im sponsored by one and they give up to 40% discount on any product in the store!!

I haven't found out any of the details yet. He said you got a job, come in tomorrow and we will get you all hooked up.

The guy gave me 25% off before, so I'm not sure how much I will get while working there.

That is very cool :thumbsup: things do happen for a reason.Plus you will get a discount on parts by doing something it sounds like you'll enjoy.When you get to LA you will have experience to help you get another job :ride: good deal barch88

I got the same job at the start of this summer. Very fun job. Hope you like atvs cause hunting season is coming up and youll have every red neck coming out to order parts for his worn out quad. So be warned. Also learn the history of bikes cause with the raise of gas prices people are pulling out their 1979 street bikes to ride. But the discount is nice and there is a lot of other things that are pluses. One of the reps from a company we order from gave me a freaking nice helment for free the other day. Also another one bought me lunch today. Youll love it.

So, can we assume your post count will drop from an average of 16 per day to less being as you will be working instead? I mean, someone who is a 4 month member and already closing on 2000? I was going to suggest getting a job, but it appears you did already. Congratulations on the job too! :thumbsup:

So, can we assume your post count will drop from an average of 16 per day to less being as you will be working instead? I mean, someone who is a 4 month member and already closing on 2000? I was going to suggest getting a job, but it appears you did already. Congratulations on the job too! :thumbsup:

Yeah, moved up north...NOTHING to do, don't know anyone, so just been on the internet.

Thanks everyone.

At the Yamaha Dealer today! I was supposed to go riding today, but the GYTR Skid plate I got, the screw holes didn't line up right, one was off by a tiny bit, so I go to return it, then the guy talks to me. He's like "I don't know you much, but the few times you came in here and we talked I can tell you know a lot about this stuff. You looking for a job by any chance?" I was like "Yeah, I'm actually, we just moved up here from Detroit, so I'm looking for a part-time job until I graduate." Then he's like, "well that's great, we are looking for some counter help!"

So he talked to his boss for me, then we both talked, then I walked out with a job. I do the counter stuff, ordering parts, easy job really, but it should be fun.

I guess everything happens for a reason (Skid plate not fitting, I go to dealer, I find a job that I was trying to find for a couple months now). w00t.

How is you're day so far?

*EDIT* This can be moved to Town Square, I thought I was in Town Square...sorry.

Cool, that way you can get me a discount on parts :thumbsup: