Sign in to follow this  

Can you tell me why the 2007 CRF will be better than the 2006?

From what I gather, other than possibly fixing the bogging problem, it will not be changed much.

I need to decide soon whether I pick up an 06' now and keep riding or wait 4 weeks for an 07' to come in for me. I can't keep putting valves in my 04' CRF anymore, time for a new one. The price difference for the two bikes will be $800 CAN$.

Thanks for any input!

idk i heard the changes make a lil diffrence but im going witht the 06

I say go with the 06, then with the 800 you saved get the tokyo mod(fixes bog for only 180$) then get whatever else you want. You might be financing so you wont actually have that 800 in your pocket but youll still save money and be more willing to put money on the bike.

its not better cuz its an 07... people who say stuff like that are retarded... if u got a brand new 06, and brand new 07, theres almost no difference.

The 07's have more bottom end,redesigned head, more braking power.

its not better cuz its an 07... people who say stuff like that are retarded... if u got a brand new 06, and brand new 07, theres almost no difference.

the 06 here in nfld.canada were all on sale......$7500+taxes because of some anniversary so thats why i wouldnt wait to get an 07

The 07 does have better front brakes. New porting and cam for better performance and of course they fixed/modded the accelerator pump/linkage. And a few other little tweaks... I'm not sure if that adds up to $800 or not. :thumbsup:

If you do get the 06 it's definitely worth sending the carb to tokyomods.com. The throttle response is insane.

A friend of mine just got an 06 and he did the AP mod, leak jet, pilot jet, needle, removed baffle, which helped the throttle response significantly, but it still did not rev as fast or run as crisp as mine with the tokyomods carb. We put my carb on his bike, what a pain in the A$$, and sure enough his was ripping! He boxed up his carb and sent it out to tokyomods... There is something they do to it besides the AP and jetting that makes it run like a raped ape! If I knew the secret I'd be selling it on Ebay. :ride:

so what exactly is this tokyomod change in the carb? i just rejetted my bike with JD jetting kit. do they use their own needle and such for jetting or do they just alter the carb like AP. etc.?

also with their mod. is your jetting settings going to change once again from stock or even from this JD jetting?

go to honda and take a loook at the spec sheets side buy side. with the amount of money you save on buying a 06 you can mod it out instead of having a stock 07 and a huge empty pocket.

Yea I went back and forth aswell but i'm picking up a new 06($4983 OTD) next sat. I figured i could get some goods mods out of the money i saved vs. an 07.

Yea I went back and forth aswell but i'm picking up a new 06($4983 OTD) next sat. I figured i could get some goods mods out of the money i saved vs. an 07.

ya 5 flat for a 06, as where an 07 would cost u like 6.5 or more. smart choice.

Thanks for the replies.

My main hangup is that on one hand I can save some coin, get an awesome bike or get the 07' just because it is an 07' and their latest offering.

Realistically, getting the 06' and putting some money into it to set it up for me will cost less than the stock 07'. That is the way I will likely go.

I just hope the valves last a long time. My 04' valves lasted one year and then every 6 rides after that were shot.

The 07's have more bottom end,redesigned head, more braking power.

Agree. Just read the change specs in later Dirt Rider. There are changes made that could be important, including what jp stated. Question is do they really help or actually hinder. Only time will tell. Im all in favor of people getting the 07 to beta test it for the rest of us :thumbsup:

my head added alot of performance to my 04 engine, i wouldnt be suprised the 07 has amazing power

iv had my 06 now for 2 weeks and valves are prefact but now i wont b riding for a while do to broken arm

Thanks for the replies.

My main hangup is that on one hand I can save some coin, get an awesome bike or get the 07' just because it is an 07' and their latest offering.

Realistically, getting the 06' and putting some money into it to set it up for me will cost less than the stock 07'. That is the way I will likely go.

I just hope the valves last a long time. My 04' valves lasted one year and then every 6 rides after that were shot.

the advantage of an 07 is in the resale........by the time you bring the 06 current w/mods your just about even and when you resell your 500-1000 under what an 07 will go for.................