Sign in to follow this  

SSR 110-A...parts available?

i am new to the world of pit-bikes and my impression is that the sport started out from the XR50's that have been out for a long time. "correct me if i am wrong" a lot of the bikes out there say that they imitate the crf 50, does this mean i can find parts to upgrade a SSR110-A with the parts from the all famous crf 50? ps. do you think the SSR 110-A is a pretty good deal for 725$. i just want a bike to play with, i dont race, but i do have a tendency to blow fork seals from repetitive wheelies.. any and all help is appreciated.

so upgrading suspension would not be a problem but would finding engine/ transmission parts? i cant find a company website for the SSR brand to order parts from. and in your opinion how would the SSR 110-A compare to the SDG, and SIKK MX pit bikes. once again thees questions go out to every one and all input is appreciated!!

Engine and transmission parts?

Why bother? Complete replacement motors can be had for $200-$300. Ride the snot out of it and then just replace the powerplant.

On another note- some BIG guys (6', 235lbs +) have been riding their 110A1 models for over a year with zero motor issues. Leaky fork seals, yes, worn-out bearings, yes.....but no motor troubles at all.

I concur with matt, a friend of mine has an SSR A-1, he is close to the 200lb mark. He is new to motorcycleing (shh he is a quad rider trying to convert) so its been crashed quite a bit. It has held up great nothing broken (other than the normal lever breakage). The motor is suprisingly torquey for a 110 (honda style). An all out racer it is not, but perfectly affordable for a screw around bike that will take adult abuse. Here is a little picture of him (skull52 is his screen name) on his A-1.

Chrisandnewpitbike002.jpg

Chrisandnewpitbike001.jpg

Chrisandnewpitbike012.jpg

hay thanks for your good input, i feel pretty confident in the quality and possibility for upgrade on the little beast