Sign in to follow this  

This brick wont start

i have the original yamaha atv, an ancient yt125 three wheeler. i pulled it out finally after it had sat for about 15 years, cleaned it up, and fired it off at about the 8th pull. after i warmed it up for about a minute i gassed it and it died. now it wont start even with some ether. i am stumped. if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

If ether will not start the bike I would check the spark plug. The bike needs fire to run.

ive tried everything i cam think of. i am beginnig to like lowco's idea though.

definitely check the plug. make sure mice didn't build nest in it anywhere. clean the carb. if it still doesn't start, tear the motor down. if nothing else it would be fun to tear it apart and put it back together.

it has fresh gas, a new plug with a hot blue spark, and fair compression. it has some mods such as pipe, head, bigger carb and an air filter.

You probably got a large chunk of brownish green goo sitting in the float bowl of the carburetor. Pull the carb off, strip and dip it, then go after all of the jets and ports with a small wire and compressed air. Make sure you don't have any air leaks around intake manifold. If all else fails, bonfire.

BonFire pics please oh please.

Does it have a clogged fuel screen in the tank maybe?

Change all fluids, Clean the carb out completely with carb cleaner, and compressed air, clean the air filter (or replace).

Does it even have spark?

Yes, he said it did. If you read the thread...

If it still doesnt start rebuild the carb with carb kit, it will fire right up.

Like said above you prob had some goo in the carb and when it started it prob sucked it up into a jet cause it to get clogged.

Make sure theres not any wasp/bee nests in it, a friend of mine with a CRF250R had a nest in his left can...