Sign in to follow this  

peoria bike

i just finished Henry Wiles peoria bike it peaks @ just over 62 hp and maintains 60 + hp for over a 2300 rpm spread with a peak torque number of 37.8 over 35 foot pounds of torque for 3000 rpm and over 37 for 2000 rpm not bad for a stock bore and stroke crf 450 with a modifyed CHM pipe this should be the best bike he has had@ peoria where he has won the last 2 years .

i just finished Henry Wiles peoria bike it peaks @ just over 62 hp and maintains 60 + hp for over a 2300 rpm spread with a peak torque number of 37.8 over 35 foot pounds of torque for 3000 rpm and over 37 for 2000 rpm not bad for a stock bore and stroke crf 450 with a modifyed CHM pipe this should be the best bike he has had@ peoria where he has won the last 2 years .

Sounds like a killer motor you built.. :thumbsup:

the engine is a stock bore stroke crf450 it starts with a heavy falicon crank shaft and rod with a J&E piston compresion ends up about 12.8 on this bike the cam is a web 208 with the cl set @ 107 .the cylinder head has 1 mm over steel valves and flows over 290 cfm @ 28", the ignition timing is advanced 4 degrees .the carb is borded to 42.5 mm and the CHM exhaust can was shortened to 11 ".the only thing i didnt get to do was modify the carb air corection circut for the main jet the engine would be on the rich side of the AF curve until it hit maximum revs by bleeding more air to the main jet i think it would have evened up the AF ratio and picked up some more torque .i told Henry just to learn some more throttle control and try not wacking it when he hits the long straight theres a lot of benifits to rolling the throttle on with tire traction and fooling the engine making it think it has a smaller carb untill the engines rpms are up thats why the oems made constant velocity carbs you could open them wide open but the slide will only open when its ready .the best way to learn trhotle control is road racing in the rain .

Hey Ron, kinda mild C/R, what's the theory behind that? Is that 107 the lobe separation angle or are you calling out intake centerline?

i have never seen a huge advantage over 12.5-1 although theres somthing there .there is also less engine braking coming down from 108 mph into that left hander so theres less up set entering the corner .if your trying to make a hp king 14-1 and the right ignition timing will get it done the intake center line was set @ 107 although the seperation angle on the 208 is around 107

Do those guys run slipper clutches? I couldn't ride Supermoto without one.

Just did it again Henry Wiles wins peoria for the 3rd time in a row With an RHC engine he also produced the fastest clocked straight away speeds and lapped riders up to 11th place he was so far ahead he slowed to wave to the crowd with half a lap to go

Just did it again Henry Wiles wins peoria for the 3rd time in a row With an RHC engine he also produced the fastest clocked straight away speeds and lapped riders up to 8th place he was so far ahead he slowed to wave to the crowd with half a lap to go

way to go Ron !!----don't that just make you feel good :thumbsup:

good going baby :ride::applause:

Just did it again Henry Wiles wins peoria for the 3rd time in a row With an RHC engine he also produced the fastest clocked straight away speeds and lapped riders up to 8th place he was so far ahead he slowed to wave to the crowd with half a lap to go

:thumbsup::ride::applause:

from where they were clocking it only 95 mph its funny last year it was over 100 i had bought a radar gun and was going to go down but i got stingy with my money and stayed home plus im getting tired of driving 8 hours to a race by your self is to long .

RHC clubbing the competition like it was a baby seal... :thumbsup:

Just did it again Henry Wiles wins peoria for the 3rd time in a row With an RHC engine he also produced the fastest clocked straight away speeds and lapped riders up to 8th place

Come on get it right. He only lapped up to 11th place. IF JR only had RHC HP......... Tdub

lets see if Henry had lapped the entire feild 1 time would that mean he got 1st and 3rd place and there would have only been 2 winners on the podium.the two headed monster 1 capable of cosuming mass amounts of food and the other capable of consuming large amounts of beer its so hidious that it could not find a mate with out giving up some of its beer and that aint happening so it became an engine tuner .sorry tryce i was thinking and typing I seen Bryan Smith had gotten 8th place and got mixed up now if he hadnt of let off the last laps where would he have been.