Where to buy valve shims?

I just got done calling all the Suzuki dealers in my area regarding the purchase of valve shims and they all said, "We'd have to order those!". So I asked, "Do you have to order them when someone brings their bike in for a valve adjustment?" They said. "No, the mechanics keep their own supply of shims, but they are not for sale." Total BS! I also heard, "There are too many sizes to stock them." Yeah, they sure take up a lot of space, huh? ? BS again!

Anyway, where can I go to buy them? Only place I know of is Ron Ayers, but I'll have to wait for shipping.

Any ideas?

If you need to go smaller, then emery cloth, a figure 8 pattern, a micrometer and some patience are all you need, i did mine a couple years ago and there have been no issues, pretty standard operating procedure around here. Obviously if you will be doing a rebuild or putting in cams ect and just as likely will need to go up then the shim kit is definately the way to go.

Holy ?

Up here I know they are about a few $ a shim. Thats why I went with the Hotcam kit for my LTZ and now its usefull for this bike as well.

Plus like originally said, you need to order them which is a pain when trying to re-shim.

Ya I know eh!

I should have figured that since they bend you over royally ever time.

But I figured with a price up here close to yours stated, you guys would have it a hell of alot cheaper like everything else. Like insurance lets say ... ?

Thanks for the advice everyone. ? I guess I either order a Hot Cams shim kit from TT (and wait) or find a retail store/stealer around here that sells them. According to the part number reference the shims that fit the DRZ also fit CRF450, TTR250, YZ/WR400/426 and YZ/WR450. I'll try some of these stealers tomorrow.

I thought I would have these in hand today and be riding tomorrow. Freggin Suzuki dealers! :ride::applause:

$7.25 ea at 3 local dealers here just above Tampa Fl. I needed 4, shoulda bought the kit. Theres a kit on the bay for 69.00 free shipping. I have 2 drz's so Im sure Ill need some more in the future.

$69.00 w/free shipping looks like the lowest price going.