Sign in to follow this  

carb problem again

ok, i finally had my carb tuned perfect. i started up and it ran fine for about 5 minutes then it started to bog when i was stopped and pinned it. it runs fine when i have it pinned but when its half throttle it bogs or when im at a comlpete stop and pin it. is it to lean/rich, or is it a heat issue? by the way its a 24mm carb on a tb 108 stroker kit. and yes it has an oil cooler and high volume oil pump.

thanks alot

1) clean air filter

2)if that doesn't help claen the carb

3) try turning the fuel screw in 1/2 turn, if it's worse or the same try turning turning it out 1 turn [1/2 turn more than you originally had it] If the weather is cooler/warmer now than when you first set the carb it may effect your carb settings.

Also, if you put the choke on a little, does the bog go away? If so turn the fuel scew in 1/2 turn at a time.

ok it wont even start now, and when it does its only on for about 10 seconds. i dont get it?

Do you have good spark? What does the plug look like?

i just cleaned the carb and filter. still dont start. i took off the cap to the spark plug and water came out? then when i took the spark plug out the und was black. is it too lean?

i just cleaned the carb and filter. still dont start. i took off the cap to the spark plug and water came out? then when i took the spark plug out the und was black. is it too lean?

Ummm..... no, that means you have water in the sparkplug cap and very little or none of the voltage from your coil is reaching the sparkplug.

Clean the cap off and dry it out very very good and install a new plug.

I've had alot of problems with my stator. Mostly after the bike has seen mud. I removed the cover and cleaned it with contact cleaner. No problems since. I had no spark at all until I cleaned it. Before the loss of spark, it was bogging.

I have an 82 kit with 17mm carb.

Hey guys, when you adjust the carb do you have to check the spark plug to see what color it is? What i am trying to say is, can i only adjust those two valves?

Hey guys, when you adjust the carb do you have to check the spark plug to see what color it is? What i am trying to say is, can i only adjust those two valves?

no you wont be able to make enough of a difference without rejetting.

what valves?? what im trying to say is something completely offtopic! &%$#@!!??

Yeah &%$#@!?!! I just thought this would be a good thread to talk about adjusting the carb instead of starting a new one. My bad.