Sign in to follow this  

Every One Look At This For Adujustable Forks For Free

Hey, here is a free mod for fully ajustable forks.

What you need:

STANLY KNIFE

STANDERD CAR/ BIKE TUBE

6MM TAP AND DIE

APPRORIET SIZZED DRILL BIT

TOOLS TO TAKE OUT YOUR FORKS

What to do:

Firstly take out your forks, drain them, and take the fork caps off

Secondly, get your tyre and stanly knife and where the valve is cut the valve out, then you must strip all of the rubber off it

Then get your 6mm die and carefully put a thred on the valve

Get your fork cap, mark dead center onto it with a center punch, then get a drill bit and drill a poilot hole in it, then get a 5mm (i think [cant remeber]) drill bit and drill. Then get your 6mm tap and thread it. THis took a while to cut the thred but yeah.

Put your vlave into the fork cap(thread it), then putt it all together.

TUNING IT:

I just rode the bike, I put 4 pumps in but that was too stiff, but my neigbore just went out so i cant use his pump. I weigh 140 pounds or 60 odd kgs. My neighbore (47 now) had them on his first sl 100 and he reckons you can run them with or without the springs. You may have to go up in fork oil weight as there is more pressure on the oil pushing it back, but its all testing. Make sure you have good seals and dont put to much air in them other whise you may blow your seals

GO TO www.willysforkthings.piczo.com for pics

Good Luck RIding :thumbsup:

3 pumps of air seems to work best but that is just riding at home, be a few weeks before I go to track. You just need to get a balence of too stiff and not stiff. Having It too stiff will make the front wheel wash out easilly. This is no bullshit these forks, search air forks on google and it will come up with exactly the same thing. The drill bit is 5mm.

Secondly, get your tyre and stanly knife and where the valve is cut the valve out, then you must strip all of the rubber off it

Then get your 6mm die and carefully put a thred on the valve

Wouldn't it just be easier just to buy a valve stem at your local auto parts store? That would save all the cutting and threading.