Gnarly Dude Turkey Run?????

yes, I get the NETRA Newsletter, and there it is !!!! Right above ours for the Boneyard II. I rememered seeing it when I first got the newsletter, just spaced out and forgot about it, Thanks!

What's the terrain like? Similar to Pauchaug? 60 miles is a sprint compared to the 110 we did last weekend at Noble Woods.

There probably will be a few of us from MMC.

Where?

Gnarly Dude • 27 August 2006 • W. Greenwich, RI

Arrowed from Rt. 95 North and South, Exit 5A

Start: Metcalf Elementary School, Route 3, West Greenwich RI

Entry Information

Entry Fee: $35

Other Event Information

• Signup starts - 7:00 am

• Start - 9:00 am

Proceeds to Benefit Exeter-West Greenwich High School Scholarship Fund

NETRA and AMA membership required

Gas station stops on Route

Sound test given, Quiet bikes only

Approximately 60 miles

Questions:

Layne Derby

(401) 397-8727

More info-

Heads up on our upcoming event; The Gnarly Dude Turkey Run.

A charitable event with all proceeds going to the

Exeter/West Greenwich Scholarship Fund.

August 27, 2006, Sign-up 7:00 am, Start time 9:00 am

Start; Metcalf Elementary School, Route 3, West Greenwich, RI

Arrowed from Route 95 North/South Exit 5A.

Entry Fee $35.00; Gas available on Route; Quiet/Street Reg. Bikes.

Alittle about the route; Much of the same route as our enduro. First riders will have an opportunity to ride up to two loops withing the States

Big River Area. These trails are mostly dual track woods road w/ some rock; even suitable for larger dual sport bikes; next we will ride section 3 from the enduro a rocky/rooty tight single track for about 5-6 miles. Then we will ride a nice single track loop around the corner from section 3. This section is short but has nice Tight trail and loamy base. We will also ride some sections of the tree farm which is tight and wet; I would not reccomend D/S bikes here. Some scenic tar back roads and then into some of the best woods roads and trail available in far west RI. We figure about 60 miles w/ 10 tar connecting all sections. 70 miles if you opt. to do section one twice; Note proposed time limit; that no one can start section one, loop two, after 10:30am. Important other note; tougher sections could be skipped for any D/S riders. See me Sunday AM for routes around tough stuff; WINDOR Truck. Lastly; this ride could be completed by noon and we are about 20 minutes from National Trials event. Come down ride some sections and go spectate the National Trials. Look forward to meeting everyone. Paul

I think you need to speed it up in the tree farm section!! haha. My bike's so quiet you probalbly did not even know I was there!! I was on you like white on rice!! Except for that last .5 with the mud/rock section. Oops bad line.

Great ride, early out 9AM /early in 12:15 ish. What they lacked in trail they made up for in quality of trail.

We figured you were conserving your energy in the first part of the day just for that section.?

You should have been right behind in the last .5 mile too, since you cut the course! :ride:

3 weeks off, Wham 0-30++mph, to my X doesnt go fast enough section, sucking a little wind too!!

If you can see arrows your still good, even though my helmet had to turn 180 degrees to see them.