Sign in to follow this  

the best gearing for speed and horsepower

im running 12/50 i did want horsepower for i while but i like going fast too what is the best gearing i can get for speed and horsepwer??

Your a spode.

Learn how to write, then come back and ask a real question.

Weren't we all spodes at some time or another?

I feel the best overall gearing is the stock gearing, 13/50. The bike will not really pull much taller gearing with a stock engine anyways.

Good luck and ride safely.

I'm running 12/50 gearing I did want more torque for a while but I like going fast too what is the best gearing I can get for speed and torque??

Welcome to TT.

I think the above is what you meant. MXDerek is correct in that you need to learn to write correctly. Nobody likes to read dribble.

Where do you ride that sixth gear is not fast enough for you?

Here's a good read: horsepower

:thumbsup:

You say horsepower?? A gearing change alone will not increase horsepower. Maybe torque??

Neither numbers will increase. Going taller in the rear will just make it easier for the motor to spin the tire, thus more accelleration.

Neither numbers will increase. Going taller in the rear will just make it easier for the motor to spin the tire, thus more accelleration.

a lighter chain and lighter sprockets will give u more #'s too.

a lighter chain and lighter sprockets will give u more #'s too.

if your talking about HP and TQ, no it wont.

getting light parts doenst give your motor more power, it simply makes it easier for the motor to turn/spin/move the bike. The only way to make more HP is to mod the engine.

A superlight billet gas cap wont give you any power, neither will a super light chain.

:thumbsup:

Hopefully that made sense

You will see more HP. HP is a calculation that involves time. Anything to let your rear tire turn quicker will show higher HP reading with quicker acceleration obviously. Are there returns on investment to think about? Yes. Please know the facts before telling someone you will gain nothing.

Your a spode.

Learn how to write, then come back and ask a real question.

"Your a spode... learn how to write"??

Try, "You're a spode..."

We are all in this together, and we are all learning, myself included. Some of you guys need to lay off the Red Bull for a while. :thumbsup:

14/48 i love it fast and diffrent torque

rob150, did you do the 428 conversion or stay with your 520? If using the 520 were you able to use the stock chain length?

Thanks.

Ride safe.

13/49. Its not mush but just enough to lenthen 1st gear a little more...

Thanks, but what is (dribble),i got bout 135 acers i have alot of tough trails, and alot of wide open area aswell.and I race it to.

Thanks alot rob150, i was just trying to ask a question, come on. (hehe) , so you think 14/48 will work,yea i still got 520 chain.by the way i love your bike.