Sign in to follow this  

Icehouse, Union Valley Reservoir area riding...

I'm heading up to Union Valley Reservoir next weekend to camp. Does anybody know of any areas to ride up in that area. I was thinking about taking my bike with me but I don't really know the area that well and I'm not sure there is really anywhere to ride.

Anybody got any info on the area or anybody interested in meeting up for a ride there next weekend (that is if there IS anywhere to ride).

It is August 25-27 and I will be up there friday afternoon until Sunday.

There's the loop around Loon lake and then the Rubicon both pretty technical.

:thumbsup: There are all kinds of fire roads, logging roads, etc. Just watch out for the stray cow on the road.

Some very beautiful country. Every now & then you'll find the Secret Single Track leading off into nowwhere. Just bring a friend, a map, a GPS, and a little common sense. :ride:

Hitting a cow at speed would not be pretty. :applause:

Watch out for bears. I had one try to drag off my ice chest last year at Union Valley Res camp site. Last weekend one got the marshmellows at Bullards Bar in Dobbins CA.

my bears run off when I yell at them, maybe I'm lucky. I have ridden a lot around Icehouse Lake area. Lots of fun logging roads. No details exactly where I was.