Sign in to follow this  

Slime

Does anybody out there run slime in their tubes?? If so, does it really work?? I bought it for my DRZ but haven't put it in the tubes yet. Also, is it possible just to carry it with you and install it when your tire starts to go down and add air and hope to make it back to the truck. Whats your thoughts or experience. Thanks..

Slime is awesome!!

I didn't think much of Slime until I flatted my front tire once and didn't have the time to change the tire. The bike was brand new and the tube was OE. I loaded up on Slime and was on my way. A year later and still no flats since the Slime, I discovered two 3/8" pinch marks in the tube and Slime had sealed them for a whole year of riding. Since then I have always run H/D tubes and Slime and can't remember the last time I've needed to change a tire on the trail. I have however observed other non-Slime users wrestle a tire or two during rides.

It's just a big waste of time when it comes to changing tires on the trail. When I go on long range rides I make sure everyone I'm riding with has slime even if I have to give them a bottle.

I bought some because I suck at changing tires. Never used it though. It doesn't say on the label either but I found out you're supposed to put 8 oz in a mx tire.

For trail side fixes, do most people use those CO2 inflation devices? I just googled for one and all they have are bicycle models. I know valve stems are valve stems but are there any made by an off-road motorcycle accessories manufacturer?

Greg

Heres what i found , When slime works its great , but when and if you have a leak and you have to patch it you will have one hell of a time , what ever they put in slime it goes into the rubber and the glue will not stick to it .

Any ways i dont run it now , but we have in the past.

Just my .02