Sign in to follow this  

KDX question

I was cleaning my bike tonight when i heard a hiss sound. After further inspection i found that the wire that leads into the bottom crankcase on top, just above and to the shifter lever had pulled away from the crankcase a little bit and a little air pressure was being released through the opening. It looks like it's part of the electrical system from what i can tell. I'm still learning about this bike. After it stopped i started my bike up for a few seconds and everything seemed to be alright. I tried to crazy glue it back down to the crankcase but it didn't want to cooperate, maybe a little culk would be better? Is this something to be concerned about?

they probably dont since i think you are describing your stator wire.

The lights work. In fact i was just outside checking them. It's only about 25% of the wire that has has serpated from the case. What would be the best way of sealing it back down to avoid it from completely pulling away?

No suggestions to re-seal it back to the case? Apoxy, certain type of Glue? Anything?

Chill it will be fine

Well i'm pretty crazy when it comes to my bike and i don't let things slide because they could become a more serious problem. The wire would have eventually pulled completely away from the case had i not fixed it with silicone. Had that happened dirt and moisture could/would have got into the hole/case not to mention my lights could have stopped working.