Sign in to follow this  

Ways to identify year of bike

i had the same problem with my old dr, i took the vin to the dealer and they ran it for me. they should be able to tell you. worked for me

The tank and shroud graphics. I know that the steering shaft length was shortened by a few mm's in 04. Titanium footpegs were either added in 04 or 05 and are non-magnetic. I'm sure someone here will know. Running the vin number should tell you.

'04 is the only year that they had gold anidized forks and a steel frame. '03 had a steel frame and silver forks, and '05 had aluminum frame and gold forks.

dude, the only way to know is to look at the vin # the tenth number in the sequence is the year. start at the top of the neck, I.E. just below the bars, and go down, you see something like W5YFK9RA04 thats the year

'04 is the only year that they had gold anidized forks and a steel frame. '03 had a steel frame and silver forks, and '05 had aluminum frame and gold forks.

aluminum frame came out in 06!

aluminum frame came out in 06!

wow, my 05 yz250 must be special then, with the aluminum frame and all. my dealer must have customized the bike with a pre-production aluminum frame. :thumbsup::ride::applause::applause::applause:

the aluminum frames were put on the real bikes in 05, and the lawnmowers in 06

I coulda swore it told you the year and model on the steering stem of the bike... or was that my honda? :thumbsup:

thats only on hondas im pretty sure

you can run the VIN on carfax and it will say, its what i do. just run it in the vehicle history report. Its Free!! :thumbsup:

wow, my 05 yz250 must be special then, with the aluminum frame and all. my dealer must have customized the bike with a pre-production aluminum frame. :thumbsup::ride::applause::applause::applause:

Hahaha funny stuff.

The 10th number in the VIN # will tell you what year it is.

wow, my 05 yz250 must be special then, with the aluminum frame and all. my dealer must have customized the bike with a pre-production aluminum frame. :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

my bad i thought i was in the 250f fourm. :thumbsup::ride: