Sign in to follow this  

Too Little To Big

I am 5'8" and i think a honda crf230 would be to little power and a ktm xc-w 250 would be to big (seat height) Any sugestions. Tell me if im wrong.

I am between 5'5" and 6'5" depending on which convinance store I am leaving hahaha

seriously I am 5'8" and I ride a 2001 yz426 with few problems the only real problem I have is when I gotta start my bike but you will get the hang of that

and I think the seat hight on my bike is around 39" and most bikes are the same or shorter so you should be fine on any bike you want really

I am between 5'5" and 6'5" depending on which convinance store I am leaving hahaha

yeah i never got that. someone explain please :thumbsup:

I am 5'8" and i think a honda crf230 would be to little power and a ktm xc-w 250 would be to big (seat height) Any sugestions. Tell me if im wrong.

You might consider the KTM 200xc-w. It's slightly smaller and lighter. It's an absolute blast. I'm 6'1", 195lbs and it has more than enough power to rocket around in the woods. It really feels like a mountain bike with a Hemi.

suck it up.. im 5'4 and a girl and i ride an rmz 250 fine.

but whatever.. id go with the ktm 250 or whatever it is..get more power while you can.

I'm 5'8" and ride a CRF450. 5'8" is plenty tall to ride anything you want. Sure, on the trail you sometimes have to pay attention to where you stop, but that's a small price to pay to ride a full-size MX bike. I wear 32"(w) x 30"(inseam) jeans. What is your inseam?

The electirc start will help greatly. It will make all the difference if you stall climbing a steep hill.

Hell RC is what 5'5 and he seems to throw his 450 around pretty good. But you should be fine for any bike out there. Tipy toes are fine.

what are your concerns about more power or height?

my daughter is 14 and is 5'2" and she rides a yz125 and my kx 250.

If you are a beginner then a four stroke might be a good choice for tracable and learnable power but a 250 2 stroke you might be biting off more than you can chew.

If it is height then any full size bike can be altered and lowered. Either by suspension or the sub frame.

many female racers have their bikes lowered and a couple of AMA pros do as well. One that you may of heard of. Ricky Charmichael. :thumbsup: