Sign in to follow this  

New Owner -- Few question

I just bought a used 2006 450XC. The previous owner has not given me the owners manual yet and I have a few questions.(I want to ride in the morning).

Chekcing the Oil-Is it to be done with the engine warm are cold. Level the amount is just at the bottom of the window cold.

I have also noticed a little oil coming from the overflow tubes. I have not ridden the bike yet and am wondering if I should be concerned. Previous four strokes I have had did this however the amount seems to be more than I have seen.

Thanks for any comments.

Mike

Mike, you can check the oil with the engine cold. Make sure the oil level is above the low level line or about in the middle of the sight glass somewhere.

A little oil dripping from the overflow tube is probably not a problem. I would ride the bike and after a little rest check the level again. Also, it shouldn't drip a lot of oil from the tube.

Congrats on the new bike! :thumbsup:

I just bought a used 2006 450XC. The previous owner has not given me the owners manual yet and I have a few questions.(I want to ride in the morning).

Chekcing the Oil-Is it to be done with the engine warm are cold. Level the amount is just at the bottom of the window cold.

I have also noticed a little oil coming from the overflow tubes. I have not ridden the bike yet and am wondering if I should be concerned. Previous four strokes I have had did this however the amount seems to be more than I have seen.

Thanks for any comments.

Mike