2006 WR450F CA Street Legal (whats it worth?)

Hey. If this "pull the plate" thing does not happen the plate is probably worth $600 to $1k over non-plate. WRs seem to hold their value pretty well, so what is a used 2006 wr450 worth? $5000? I really don't know.

I am betting you will see lots of craig list activity regarding plated bikes soon, prices may even come down on them.

Dude I thought you sold that thing. Something like $5000 would be my first guess but it will depend on how bad someone wants it. Put it on craigs list for $6500 (or whatever) NOW and it will probably sell with the plate. If this thing is going to happen it will take some time to implement.

Dude I thought you sold that thing. Something like $5000 would be my first guess but it will depend on how bad someone wants it. Put it on craigs list for $6500 (or whatever) NOW and it will probably sell with the plate. If this thing is going to happen it will take some time to implement.

I did sell it but I feel bad for my friend who bought it. He found it to be too much bike for him and got a brand new XT225 instead. Now he wants to sell the WR and will most likely loose more money than he planed on or if he keeps it he'll loose the plate. Either way he'll be pissed at me for sure.

:ride: Remind me never to sell anything to a friend. ?

He probably won't be pissed at you. But you are right, don't do business with your friends. Or to quote the great Tony Soprano, "don't sh!t where you eat!"

question, how do you go from a wr450 to an xt225? At times, I wondered if my wr450 was not the right bike for me, but I thought of a drz or wr450. But an xt225? that's almost like riding one of those scooters.

Everything else aside I really like the xt225. It fills a niche no other bike does. Stout - ok heavy for its size but really is not that heavy not like a klr at least, 4st camping bike, run to the store bike, and as a few people have found out it will go almost anywhere albeit slowly with its limited suspension. 2006 color I liked a lot.