Sign in to follow this  

Need Kickstarter 02 YZ250F

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a kickstarter lever assembly for an 02 YZ250F. I have been watching EBay for months and nothing has turned up for the 02 model. I know the 03 and up are different part numbers, but I am not sure if they will work still. I would also like to know if anyone has found an aftermarket option. :thumbsup:

Thanks for any help.

Protec makes a nice one. Expensive though. I still have mine on my 02 wr and it still looks great after three years of use. My son on the other hand has eaten his original and the stock one that I gave him from mine.

The cheapest OEM option I could find was $125.00 at stadium yamaha's website. I did look up the Pro-Tec option and it is only $3.00 more than the OEM part. That's not too bad considering the OEM part obviously isn't very reliable.

Now I wonder if the Pro-Tec lever will still work with an IMS oversized fuel tank? The profile of the lever is so different from the stock, I am not sure it will fit.

By the way, sndm2, do you think the lever actually makes the bike easier to start as it claims?

I appreciate all of the help guys!

Is there a reason why you have to get the whole assy and not just the kickstarter itself (the part that gets damaged)?

Is there a reason why you have to get the whole assy and not just the kickstarter itself (the part that gets damaged)?

That's a good question. I got the bike from a friend who left it in my garage with a seized rod bearing for the last 2 years. In that time frame another friend has pillaged parts from it with his consent. The entire kickstart lever assembly was one of them.

did you try bikebandit.com ??

Yes I did look at the link that you posted. Thanks for the help. However even with the AMA member discount, Stadium Yamaha was able to beat the Bike Bandit prices. I like supporting small businesses, so I gave Stadium Yamaha the business.

I should have been more specific in my original post because I was really looking for a used one or a more reliable aftermarket option.

I was afraid the aftermarket starter mentioned previously wouldn't fit well with the oversized fuel tank, so I went with OEM again. I hope it will at least last a full hare scramble season.

ya i fidured that you were looking for a used one but thats the only place i knew would have them so i figured id run it by you. but thats sweet you found a better deal. whats the website of the place you got it from??

o yea where in kentucky are you at?? im 5 min from louisville. i just moved here over the summer and im lookin for some people to ride with and some good trails.

ya i fidured that you were looking for a used one but thats the only place i knew would have them so i figured id run it by you. but thats sweet you found a better deal. whats the website of the place you got it from??

I got the part from www.stadiumyamaha.com.

o yea where in kentucky are you at??

I am in Georgetown. It is about 5 minutes from Lexington. I will be riding at least one day this weekend (Sun. or Mon.). Drop me a line if you are interested. I will check back a little sooner than usual.