Sign in to follow this  

Honda TRX200 carb?

I have a keihn carb off of a trx200. It looks to be the same size as the stock carb on my gpx.

There are some numbers on the carb but I would like to find out what size the carb off the trx is.

I could rebuild the trx carb and get away from the mikuni and the under the carb air screw deal.

BTW the slide in the keihn carb is way heavier than the mikuni slide, seems to higher quality parts in the keihn.

Could this be an alternative to the cheaper carbs?

The carb has PD 63A, then a A in a box, YL, and something that looks like a /.

The opening going into the intake is 26mm.

Measure the engine side diameter of the carb. This will tell you the size.

Thanks Woodsrat, You were right about the gpx it rips, on my tb88w/ racehead kit.

I measured the intake side and it's 26mm, The problem is that's what the intake side of the mikuni that came w/ the gpx is.

The mikuni is supposed to be a 22mm, So I don't think measuring the outlet of the carb is an accurate way of determining size.

Marc

I recently bought one of the "22mm" Mikuni carbs off of eBay recently and found the same thing. Generally measuring the engine side of the carb will give you the carb size although I had a KDX-200 that I hillclimbed back in the '80's that had a Mikuni with an oval shaped hole on the engine side of the carb. Took some creative math work to actually come up with the size of the carb. (Boy, did that thing run!! :thumbsup: It made winning easy.)

I would say that whatever you measure the TRX carb to be that's probably what it is.

The carb is measured to the rear of the slide opening, on the airbox side of the venturi, as shown by the red line below.

The screw located under the carb (usually in the front, by the intake manifold) is a fuel screw, and is turned out to richen the fuel/air mix. The screw located to the back side of a carb (near the airbox) is an air screw, and is turned in to richen the mix.

carbpic-1.jpg