Sign in to follow this  

Great day riding the woods weapon

Took out the 95 CR 250 today and was using the flywheel weight for the first time and what a difference it made. My CR never would idle until today, it did stall out after a while but stayed running long enough to fix goggles or whatever might need adjusting. The power band hit was softer but no power loss and just seemed smoother and I definitely rode better and did not get worn out as easily without having to clutch as much and we definitely hit some tough trails and covered about 30 or so miles (just guestimating by fuel used well almost a full tank) Between rocks, mudholes (OK so I had a little roosting fun too :thumbsup: ) and one very large fallen tree (got the front wheel over and when I gave it power it did not move??? the frame was sitting on it like a frame stand and the back wheel was free spinning) and in some pretty tough places that I used to stall out a lot I only stalled one time and that one was my fault because I had it in 2nd when I thought I was in first. For trail riding and real technical stuff on a CR or any MX bike I would highly recommend a flywheel weight as a must have. This is the first time since I got this bike that I rode it the whole way in stead of it taking me for a ride. Today we rode real hard too. The best part of this is.......... NO ARMPUMP :ride:

I love this forum

Dauntae

I have wanted to get one for my 95' yz250. I also have real technical trails and im clutching all the time. great to see a review! :thumbsup: