TT-R 225 and TT-R 230 mods thread.

Hey Corkster. You mentioned you had an Endurance Digital Speedo on the TTR230. Is that one of Trail tech ones?? If so, where and how did you mount the sensor??? I've been trying to mount as per the instructions but am having a real hard time. There just doesn't seem to be enough space between the frot of the brake caliper and the fork. Any clues??

Hey Corkster. You mentioned you had an Endurance Digital Speedo on the TTR230. Is that one of Trail tech ones?? If so, where and how did you mount the sensor??? I've been trying to mount as per the instructions but am having a real hard time. There just doesn't seem to be enough space between the frot of the brake caliper and the fork. Any clues??

I used the trailtech sender (Yamaha version) as per the instructions but needed to trim the black plastic mounting "tab" down to fit. I used a hacksaw and trial and error until it just squeezed in. Don't cut the fat bit of the sender, it will fit if you get the mounting right.

Drill a hole in the caliper mount as per the instructions, swap out one of your disc mounting bolts for the magnetic one supplied but countersink the hole slightly - the magnetic bolt is tapered as per a WR whereas the TTR has flat faced bolts. I just used a drill bit slightly larger than the hole, probably not the right taper angle but still better than nothing.

I will try and figure out photobucket.

Thanks heaps. I did manage to squeeze it in but the magnetic bolt seems to pass through the middle of the sensor, which the instructions say to try to avoid, but I'll see how it goes. I also had to put a washer or 2 under the sensor to try to lift it a fraction as the normal disc mounting bolts were grazing the sensor as the wheel rotates (the magnetic bolt has a smaller/lower head). Hope you can get the photos on. Seeing a properly fitted unit would help heaps. Thanks again.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the BBR chain guide for the TTR-125 also fits the TTR-225. I had to grind off the nuts that were welded to the bracket on the bottom of the swing arm. Also the width of the guide was really tight on the master link (just like it is on the 125 because they use teh same chain) so I put a 0.030 shim between the spacer block on the bottom of guide. It works great, no more dropping the chain. ?

It's part number 05-7023 for the gold one and 05-7620 for the blue one at the Thumper Talk Store and costs $62.96. Well worth it.

WE NEED TO KEEP STICKIES INFO ONLY....not to be a jerk, but there is 23+ pages and probably 5 pages of info

I agree; can we get this thread slimmed down to contain technical and product information only? I've been away for quite some time now (I was here back we were first developing the airbox mods, exhaust mods, and correct jet sizes). I was glad to see this thread as a sticky, and was hoping to find an updated list of mods and available/ tried and tested parts, but it does not serve it's purpose when one has to search for hours through 24 pages of messaging!

Hi,

If you remove the 2 plastic styling department mandated panels from either side of the gas tank on the TT-R230 you'll narrow it down a bit and make it more fun to ride. Helps plenty if you're wearing knee braces.

steve25 I thought I would chime in about mounting the sensor. Here is another thread

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488700

I have a 225 and mounted a trailtech originally set up for a WR. I fabricated a small thin metal bracket(it was some old stock from a garage door opener bracket). It is flat and rectangular. Bottom holds the sensor just over the brake rotor mounting bolt with the magnet and the top is held on with the top brake cover mounting bolt. It is between the plastic and the female threads on the fork bottom.

Easily done.

Thanks heaps. Managed to mount the sensor as per Corkster's instructions and all seems good. Have taken out the baffle, opened up the airbox and rejetted the carby as per instructions in this thread. Can't wait to get out in the bush and see how it goes. I've had a small squirt around home and it seems like its got a bit more grunt. Thanks heaps to Thumpertalk for providing this valuable resource.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know of any motocross forks that will fit the 230?

Yes, there are some that will work. I just installed 85 YZ250 Forks (43mm KYB) on my 99 TTR225 (the conversion should work for the 230 as well). I'm still fine tuning, but so far they work great. I will post pics and detailed instructions when I'm done (in about a week, should have a budget shock conversion done soon as well).

Does anyone know of any motocross forks that will fit the 230?

There was an auction on eBay about 2 months ago with a '05 or '06 TTR230 with YZ250 forks installed so yes, it's doable I guess. The bike looked great on the attached pictures though the description failed to mention what year YZ the forks came from or what other modifications were required. I would love to do the conversion on mine if there was just a little more info about it.

My bud has a ttr230 and wants to rejet. We've read and searched all over but still have a question. We found the part number for the 130 main but not the 128 main. Question 1, what is the pn for the 128? Question 2, can anyone provide a link to thumpertalk OEM, or catalog parts for these jets. I've read lots of conflicting posts stating they are small round, then large round and even just slotted??? Please help...

Thanks

P.S. The 130 main is almost 10 bucks from the stealer, is that what everyone else is paying?

sorry to change the subject a little, but does anyone have this pipe dor their ttr 230? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-DR-D-Spark-Arrestor-Exhaust-System-Yamaha-TTR-230_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35596QQhashZitem230055434417QQihZ013QQitemZ230055434417QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW it says their is a 3.6hp gain when using it, but i dont know if that is true. i was just wondering if it is worth the money.

do you know if this will work on a '01 TTR 225?