Sign in to follow this  

XR350 rear wheel on CRF150?

Does anyone know for a fact if the rear wheel assembly off of a early 80's (drum brake) XR350 will fit on a 2003 CRF150? They sure look interchangeable.

I want a 17inch wheel on the back of my CRF150 for better tire selection in flat track and motard. I can get a XR350 rear wheel cheap, and cheap is nice. Only draw back is it's a WM3, and I'd prefer a WM2.

If the XR350 wheel will not fit, is there something out there in 17 inch that will?

As a matter of fact just a few days ago i had a 1982 XL250 rear rim on my bike because of a flat on my CRF rim. the only problem was the rear brake drum was a little too large in diameter. i had to tighten the adjustment screw all the way in and eneded up breaking the rod off at the threads. Other than that the axle and everything fit fine.

Why not go to an 18 inch rim so you have more than a hand full of tire choices?

I don't believe an 18" wheel and tire assembly will easily fit into a CRF150 swingarm. It is more than likely too short.

Why not go to an 18 inch rim so you have more than a hand full of tire choices?

huh?

18" rims have less tire choices then the more popular 17" rim..

17" wheels are the most comman sport bike wheel.. Best rubber I can get on my fzr600 is the Bt014's with a 18" wheel

edit: and I think most people respoke there stock hubs with a new rim for 17" wheel setup

There are tons of tires for 17". But your gonna need a wider rim for Motard. Call up White Brothers, get a SM rim for your bike. Mounting a 208ZR or a nice Michelin would be hard on a XR350 rim. The tire would be bulging too much.

Mike... I am pretty sure a xr200 rear rim will fit.. not sure on the 350... good luck!