Keep your chain tight

Ok everyone here probably already knows this but its best to keep your chain tight within manual specs. Today I was riding around without checking my chain and as I turned right my chain falls off the rear sprocket and gets spun around and caught up in the front sprocket(not a pretty sight) It took about 10mins to get it off but I wouldnt have gotten it off by trying to pull pry or hammer :ride: What I did was untangle some of the chain,take off the master link and with the engines power rolled the chain through until it was all out ? I dont know if this was the best Idea but it worked.

100_0578.jpg

I did that so many times to my ttr. I'm very suprised I never cracked the cases. I've had some bad ones to untangle, Vince. I'm talking about the ones where you have to take the master link out and then the front sprocket!

What kind of chain do you have?

Primary Drive 428 non o-ring chain

You're lucky you didn't crack the cases there...

That's one of my big fears with the factory chains I'm running...

I need to get around to upgrading all of them asap.

That was the first thing my brother asked me when he saw my bike...and im wondering how would it crack the cases? He checked and said that I didnt. I have an aftermarket chain but its about the same qualty of stock

I did that so many times to my ttr. I'm very suprised I never cracked the cases. I've had some bad ones to untangle, Vince. I'm talking about the ones where you have to take the master link out and then the front sprocket!

haha I tried taking off the front sprocket but I took out the clip and it didnt want to move :applause:?:ride::applause::applause: