Sign in to follow this  

Arbuckles Burning

Are the Arbuckles gonna burn up before I ever get a chance to ride them for the first time? Does anyone know how close that fire got to the riding area?

I saw the smoke, dont have a clue on the condition of the riding area, I have been wanting to go also. Id like to come with ya if you decide to go :thumbsup:

I use to work around the Arbuckles drilling oil wells, I stayed in Ardmore and Ratliff City. I would aways see of bikes and four-wheelers loaded on trailers around there but never asked anyone where they were riding. Is there a good riding area down there? From what I can remember of the terrain it looked like it would be fun riding.

I use to work around the Arbuckles drilling oil wells, I stayed in Ardmore and Ratliff City. I would aways see of bikes and four-wheelers loaded on trailers around there but never asked anyone where they were riding. Is there a good riding area down there? From what I can remember of the terrain it looked like it would be fun riding.

There is another riding area in Ardmore, which by the way is my town. its by Lake Murray, called pear orchards riding area. Havent been to arbuckles yet but its on my list. Heard it was great, better than Lake murrays area :thumbsup:

Hey gulley 04. Sorry so long with a repost but I just got back in town from spending a few days riding in Colorado. If I dont have one of my sons sharing the pickup bed with his bike I would be more than happy to let you share the gas. Tim

Hey gulley. Colorado was great. Sent you a private message. Anybody else that knows the Arbuckle area is sure welcome to jump in and show us around.

Yea, i would like to have a headstart on the good places and ones not worth bothering, tell me if you get any info. :thumbsup:

My son and I rode the Cross Bar Ranch today. Wish it were not 95 miles from my house. Pretty neat place with a lot of potential. Talked to the guy who runs the place for a little bit and it sounds like the OKIE DIRT RIDERS have big plans for the place. I think I will try to get involved in a little volunteer work down there.

is it a mx track? sounds like a trails type place. Where is it at and howd you like it? Thanks! still have no news on the arbuckles, need to get some info. will be a great riding area in fall

Hey gulley. Would have hollered at you but my son wanted to go and thats a nobrainer with only room for two bikes in the truck. The cross bar ranch is in a nice area. A nice creek runs thru it and there are a bunch of creek crossings. I wish the idiot 4 wheelers we saw down there would just cross the creek and not try to use it for a trail. They were disturbing major and delicate fish habitat. They will get us all kicked out. The people that run the place have plans for many more miles of trail than are there now. Half of whats there now is just dirt road. Not much fun to trail riders. But some of the trails that are there are pretty good. There is no MX track which is fine by me. I could not believe on the last day of a three day weekend myself my son two other dirt bikers and 4 idot 4 wheelers were the only ones there. I doubt there is going to be much single track unless the place is really managed. I do hope some of the trails will be posted one way only so you can open it up and not worry about a head on. There were some pretty good hill climbs of 200 to 300 foot vertical and some fun twisty two track thru the trees. I will go back occaisonally. NOW, somebody tell us about the KIAMICHI or do I have to do it all. LOL

Kiamichi? Sounds great! I love hill climbs and i know what your talking about on the one way trails, Very scary when a Monster utility quad comes barreling down at 50mph in the opposite direction, lol What are was it in? IN texas? :thumbsup:

The Kiamichi is in South Eastern Oklahoma. Supposed to be 100s of miles of trails. i am a recent transplant from Tex. Just havent changed my avitar to reflect my Oklahoma residence.