What is eddies opinion on break in?

i dont want to hear from anybody else just eddie on this subject.

This is not a personal forum for you,, but a community forum. If you do not want others opinions and suggestions,, do not post in a public forum ?

The Tech experts prefer you post your questions in the forums,, as they receive hundreds of PM's asking for help... When if the question was posted in the forum, others might see it,and no longer have that same question. Yes you will have to sift through the replies.. But hey....Welcome to the INTERNET,where everyone gets to "share" their opinion

Thanks for your understanding.

MOD

very fair and true comment on the original post there bronco78

BUT with over 10,000 personal posts to the list, we're all waiting to also hear your recommendation on proper break-in procedures........................in addition to anyone else that cares to jump in

I've been told to warm it up, and then take off and ride it like you stole it!!!!

.....in addition to absolutely avoiding long periods of steady throttle (just like Eddie says)

I've used this method for many bikes, and they always seem to last a long time and perform quite nicely. Breakdown problems are few, but you've got to keep up with the suggested maintenance from the manufacturer. I also change the filter everytime I change the oil. Hey, filters are cheap when compared to engine rebuilds!

?

very fair and true comment on the original post there bronco78

BUT with over 10,000 personal posts to the list, we're all waiting to also hear your recommendation on proper break-in procedures........................in addition to anyone else that cares to jump in

I've been told to warm it up, and then take off and ride it like you stole it!!!!

.....in addition to absolutely avoiding long periods of steady throttle (just like Eddie says)

I've used this method for many bikes, and they always seem to last a long time and perform quite nicely. Breakdown problems are few, but you've got to keep up with the suggested maintenance from the manufacturer. I also change the filter everytime I change the oil. Hey, filters are cheap when compared to engine rebuilds!

?

about 23 years ago, a guy I worked for at a Speed and Marine shop, taught me to "work in" a new High performance motor by warming it up, run it till cam break in is done, drain and refill oil. Run it another 3-5 hours, no prolonged idling. No prolonged RPM limiter stuff. But lots of on and off, from idle to about 90% RPM limit. Full use of the throttle. Change the oil, and use the motor as you would for the remainder of it's life. We broke in Race only motors on the dyno... and after the first part mentioned above,, it was nothing but full power runs.

A few years ago, a Guy wrote this all up.... and put it on the Internet.We know it as the MotoMan way. It's not new, or ground breaking.. Just published.

I was not trying to offend anyone.It is just that i was wanted to know what eddies thought on this subject was.I have read many peoples way of breaking in a engine but i have never heard eddies way.Now that i have heard edddies way feel free to post your way.