Sign in to follow this  

2006 drz400 info

DRZs are about as bullet proof as it gets! :ride: If reliability and ease of maintenance (very little required compared to "race bikes") are important to you, then you can't go wrong with a DRZ. :thumbsup:

When I was looking at bikes reliability was a big one for me. The DRZ like any bike needs care but not like I imagine a more race oriented bike would be. If you have gotten used to a really light powerfull race bike and want that but with great reliability you will not find all that in the DRZ. Good power, modest weight, and good reliability yes for sure. Learn to ride it and let the yearning for the yzf's, wr's, EXC's, CRF's and others lay dorment. Or if you have money like crazy get one of each. I would.

If you want something really bombproof and dont mind a heavy bike go for an XR 650L, its quite possibly the most bombproof DS ever made, old technology, super reliable, it just plain works, all the time. However if you want something a little more nimble and lighter than the BRP and still bulletproof (but not bombproof) go for the DRZ.

Just my 2 cents, love the DRZ and the BRP.

get the drz change the sprockets, 3x3 mod and a pipe and you will be happy. i just sold my brp (xr-650L) and it felt like a tank and i'm 6' tall. even with the smog on the honda removed and 14 tooth front sprocket it moved pretty good but the size and being air cooled made me no like it like i like my z. i just sold my brp last week and have no regrets. with 14/47 sprockets on my z i can slam the gears as fast as i can shift. i luv it

just my .02 cents worth

matt