Sign in to follow this  

VOR 450 EN ignition problem

Hi guys Ive just bought my first vor for the sole purpose to race in our local supermoto championships. The bike feels underpowered after strippin and checking valve timing etc. i got stuck with the ignition .It is the ducati ignition and i would just like to know if there is any other way of setting it up apart from the keyway to optimize the max advance without detonation. Also looking for a 530 conrod kit so that i can convert to the 530 spec. I know i will have to stroke the crank,but i am lucky enough to own an engineering shop and by the sounds of it is going to mean alot since vor parts is scearse.

I would also appreciate any tips to make the bike faster so that we could keep the VOR name high here is South Africa

I am afraid the VOR's seem to be dwindling. I have the first factory 450SMRC to win a national championship in my garage but race a crf the vor is a good supermoto bike but the lack of spares is a major problem. I might know soneone who has a 570 motor if that is any good but it would need to be shipped ?

Thanks Mitchie for the reply but the 570 motor will not work. If you know of any530 motors i will definately be interested

Just to come back to the original question about the ignition. Can anybody help?

Best Thing Is To Chuck The Ducati Sustem In The Bin And Fit The RHS Case And Crank From A MX Bike.

This Will Remove The Weight Of The E-Start And Give You The Lighter Flywheel Of The SEM Set Up.

Once The Batterys Gone You Can Fit The Larger Air Box And Pucka SM Exhaust System.

But Be Patient As these Are Exspensive And Quite Hard To Find.

Cutting some holes in the airbox is good for around 1.5 hp and rejet to suit (usally down). The biggest problem my ENE530 has is the operator ATM anyway.

Thanx guys.looks like me and my vor are going to have a real love-hate relationship,anyway if anybody know of a 530 conrod kit please let me know as well a Keihn carb, I know of a guy in South Africa that has imported alot of spares 2years back i am just waiting to get the part list with prices etc. then i will post it on the net for all your VOR guys.

Well guys ive just had my first race on my VOR this saturday. Apart from having to little horse power everything else was fine. Ive enjoyed the lower ride height of the VOR and the handling was just fine our next race will be on a faster track and i am sure the lack of horse power is going to be a big problem.I also realized that running two classes might be a bit much since i also race a 125cc suzuki on the roadbike side of things.Well ive biiked the VOr at our local 4stroke guru to see what he can come up with.Apperently there is a guy in Australia with a shipment of brand new 530 motors, if i can find him i will let jou guys know.Time to run.... speak to youy guys later

Well it is tuesday afternoon in South Africa and im buzy doing my race preperation for the weekend. It seems like the VOR is putting alot of oil in the overflow bottle (any suggestions as to why?) We also managed to get a tyre sponser for the whole class Maxxis ryres. So the whole field is going to be on the same tyres,should be interisting.I watched the video clip of our fellow VOR super moto rider and i must admit that i wish our tracks looked like that. We have got much tigter turns with a big offroad section and plenty of jumps.Being a road racer i really battle with the jumps O well!!! I will keep jou guys posted about the outcome of the race.

Well..... After an eventfull Saturday of racing I must admit Super Moto is hard work. Only managed to fall off once in the dirt so i will take that as an positive.it is amazing to see how some guys ride the dirt section (definetly in a different class)I still have got a problem with oil being blown out of the breather pipe.If anyone have got suggestions please let me know!!!!! also looking for a slipper clutch from a different bike that will fit (there must be something) and for all those guys that want to know what my end race result was.... 19 out of 25.. Not proud to admit but hopefully it will get better rather sooner than later.

Well..... After an eventfull Saturday of racing I must admit Super Moto is hard work. Only managed to fall off once in the dirt so i will take that as an positive.it is amazing to see how some guys ride the dirt section (definetly in a different class)I still have got a problem with oil being blown out of the breather pipe.If anyone have got suggestions please let me know!!!!! also looking for a slipper clutch from a different bike that will fit (there must be something) and for all those guys that want to know what my end race result was.... 19 out of 25.. Not proud to admit but hopefully it will get better rather sooner than later.

Sounds Like Too Much Oil In Engine,How Much Have You Put In? I Used On 1ltr When Changing The Oil.

Might Be Worth Dropping This Guy An Email vor.dk@mail.dk Did Have A MX Exhaust Lined Up For Mine Before I Sold Her For Spares.

Thanx oliwally. I will check the oil tonight (filled it up until the glass showed halfway)so maybe it aint right. Just to ask again. DO ANYBODY KNOW OF AN SLIPPER CLUTCH THAT WILL WORK ON THE VOR?????

Though STM Made Some For The Factory 630's Back In The Day.

Think It Was Shane Who Mention That On Here Ages Ago.

Half Way Up The Sight Glass Is Too Full,Should Be At The Bottom When Cold.

Think The Crank Nut Is About The Right Place?