Aprilia Streetbikes

+1 NOMADAK

Not only do Aprilia have the have soul. I wonder what the Ducatis are going to look like in the future now that there lead designer has left the building. I think they will probably get a little stale. The Aprilia Shiver and the Dosoduro are the best looking twins (two wheeled) I've ever seen come out of Italy. Furthermore, they have performance to back up their good looks. So what if they're not liter bikes. My DR650 will out corner any liter sized bike out there (with some limitations). These two Italian beauties will sure give the liter bikes fits in the tight twisty canyons where the big boys can't use all their horsepower. I can't wait to see what the upsize versions of these two will look like and how they will perform. They should be outrageous. Ducati look out!!!

Have you guys seen these in the last couple of days?

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/10july08_aprilia_850mana.htm

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/09july08_aprilia_rs125.htm

I, for one would really like to see a resurgence in American roadracing.

The RS125, is a incredible machine. I would put my teens on a couple of them if there were a local track to ride them on. Rossi earns like 32 milion a year, Rc in his best year earned maybe as high as 12 million.

The MANA is another story. The styling is .....different. Not my "style" but I should be more open. I am reading between the lines on what this bike is capable of. I once embarrassed CBR and FZR600's in the rain on a stock XT600 in the mid 90's, then did the same with a WR450 on a MX track against some motocross bikes (till I got tired anyway). I am all for this, don't get me wrong but it will probably take me getting passed by a Mana to gain it's respect.

I just logged my 137th mile on my new 07 SXV550 and flat love it. It has tons of torque, very cool looking and gets lots of attention from people. What sold it over the Duke and other Motards was the lack of ugly huge muffler. The dual exhaust exits out the top in a very cool design. ? This is an absolute blast to ride.

Craigus

eff Ducati? That's classy. Aprilias are great bikes, but they're old school compared to a Ducati. There's a reason Aprilia doesn't win any races and can't keep a dealer network together in the states, and it's not 'cause they're the worst bikes on the road, but they're not the best.

I say more power to them, but don't get blinded just because you're rooting for a bike you happen to own- you can ride what you want, but untill it starts winning any real races it's not the best.

i'm not a pro racer.....i'm a normal joe who wanted an Italian work of art.....

i found my brand new '02 to be far more reliable than a comparable ducati at about $5,000 less......and to my eyes the style/colors of the RSV blew away the 996.....so....it was an easy choice for me.....

nomadak filled you in on their racing heritage......while winning in motogp is very impressive....its not the only race class/series out there......

hey nomadak...congrats on your very wise purchase.....as you've already found out.....its an amazing bike......how long is your riding season up there in alaska??

? Till the snow flies bud!? Which historically has been the week of Halloween.

Riding on the road up here is a bit different. Pretty much everywhere you ride except in Anchorage is like riding in one of your national parks. The present gas prices have the RV crowd parked this year so no 40 foot boats being driven at 40 mph. The sun sets at 11:24pm then we get this amazing incredibly slow sunset that lasts for nearly an hour or so. It gives you lots of daylight riding time, even after the work day is over.

I am shipping my bike out this fall. I have plans to hit the Reno Air show in mid september. I don't want it just sitting in my garage all winter. I plan to get out of Alaska this winter and do some roaming.