Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a Mentor

Looking for someone to ride with in the Las Vegas Area who has patience and willing to share knowledge of trail riding. I am 53, ride a 01 yz426, mostly set up for trails, probably a C+ rider have spent a fair amount of time working in the Nelson Hills area. Just completed a knee replacement one month ago. Planning on starting working on riding in 4 to 6 wks. Should be cooler by then and I should be in better riding shape than now.

I have a partner who runs a Honda 450, younger (45 ish) but similar skill level.

Im in Vegas.I dont know how much knowledge I have to share, but Ill ride with you. Im too fast for the slow guys and too slow for the fast guys. I do most of my riding with the guys from the now forming Las Vegas Dual Sport club. Most of the areas that I used to know have houses and shoping centers on top of them. Let me know and Ill go. I have a WR450 which is plated and a RM250.

John in Vegas

John,

I probably am one on the slower guys, but what the hey. I have spent a fair ammmount of time riding in Nelson Hills, great technical stuff, one ride at Cold Creek, a place to go back to and a few misc local places. I will keep in contact, I have a Dr. appmt on the 1st of Sept and from there I should get a better idea of a release date to ride.

Mike

I just came across cold creek/wheelers pass yesterday, we did about 240 miles. Im a little sore. Keep in touch. For the next foreseeable future, I have sat, sun and mon off

John in Vegas

Good luck on the knee, let us know how it goes.................

My knees aren't the greatest anymore (cartilage [or lack thereof] problems). I'm always interested in how folks come back from knee replacement, I'm afraid it in my future at some point. I just started riding and racing again (MRAN Desert) after 15 years or so and am one of the slow guys too, but having a lot of fun!

My son (16) is just starting out, so I'm always looking for some easier rides / riders to get his skill and confidence up. I spend way too much time riding alone out at Apex / Nellis Dunes (so the old lady knows where the carcus will be found at if I don't come home). I've done a little time at Nelson, and like to run some of the old Jackrabbits race course (MRAN club I belong to, nice folks) out at Ute.

Give me a shout out when you heal. I'm at the Rampart - Vegas drive area.

Speaking of riding.............. :thumbsup:

Did you guys see the proposed OHV Proposal posted below? If you want to keep riding Nevada, please go check it out and take a few minutes to shoot off an email or three to our legislators to let them know how you feel!

I spend way too much time riding alone out at Apex / Nellis Dunes (so the old lady knows where the carcus will be found at if I don't come home).

Super,

Let me know when you might hit Apex again. I am usually out there by myself too. That is pretty much where I ride (very slow I might add). :thumbsup:

I usualy sleep in on the weekend and head out sometime between 9:00 and 11:00........................

But I'm always up for suggestions, I just hate to get up at 4:30 to go riding at 6:00am.

I'm easy to find, I usually take 15 to Apex, and catch the first parking area just off LV Blvd., and you cant miss my truck!

04-25-06003.jpg

Anybody interested for this weekend or next?