Sign in to follow this  

tokyo mod secret

Yes i Have I paid the price and i have done it to all my bikes, and i will say this no one on here has metioned one of the main things they do. You will not need a Boyesen Quick shot becasue they have a mod for your stock AP cover that they do when you pay the price.

All I can say is the the mod is well worth it and not only does it eliminate the bog it made the throttle real crisp. Considering the JD jet kit is $70 and the Quick Shot is $90, Plus time to install totaling $160 and Toyko Mod is $190 the difference of $30. I say $30 dollars for not having to jerk and tune the carb and have it done by a professional it is a wash. :thumbsup:

Yes I had the jd jet kit and the quickshot and after the T-M carb those others were a waste of money.I don't want to take a chance that I might mess something up taking apart the carb.I guess your going to have to just send you carb too Tokyo Mods.All I can say it was worth the money. :thumbsup:

Yes i Have I paid the price and i have done it to all my bikes, and i will say this no one on here has metioned one of the main things they do.

Everything that needs to be done has been mentioned in this forumn.

u just need to pay attention!!

Ap mod*

im telling you just do it and fell the difference, i dont like tokyo mod because it reminds me of Fast and the Furious "Tokyo Drift" witch has no real drifting involved.

and when i found out my Yoshimura was made in the U.S i was in love with pretending my bike was Americasn made, even though we dont have the brains to make anything good anymore other then Snap on Tools

getting off the subject, do the Ap mod

You guys had good luck grinding the rivet on the diapragm down to 2mm?

nope. its already a short rivit, alls you have to do is adjust the set screw, and then tie them together with safelty wire

Tokyo Carb mods is a bunch of bs/ TBT(Tuning by Travis) was the creator of the mod and they stole the idea and they seem to get alot of credit they dont deserve for it. White bros. hopped on the band wagon too. basically its a sleeve that changes it from 40 mm to 37 or maybe 38 on the airbox side. a 42 jet, fix the AP but not with safety wire like most would do at home and they shave that one thing down. I could point it out...so if anyone is gonna get it done go to TBT plz.

Tokyo Carb mods is a bunch of bs/ TBT(Tuning by Travis) was the creator of the mod and they stole the idea and they seem to get alot of credit they dont deserve for it. White bros. hopped on the band wagon too. basically its a sleeve that changes it from 40 mm to 37 or maybe 38 on the airbox side. a 42 jet, fix the AP but not with safety wire like most would do at home and they shave that one thing down. I could point it out...so if anyone is gonna get it done go to TBT plz.

You so wrong it is not even funny!

Wrong! No sleeve... I first bought one of those sleeves it came with a leak jet... The thing didn't do jack. Worse performance if anything. And it fit like crap. If it wasn't for the air filter boot it would have been rattling around like a tin can. It was a waste of money like the power now and quick shot.

With the tokyomods carb you can literally crack the throttle as fast as you can and it will not bog or even hesitate. It revs incredibly fast and crisp top to bottom. Unlike any thumper I've ever ridden... Worth every penny! nuff said!

Wrong! No sleeve... I first bought one of those sleeves it came with a leak jet... The thing didn't do jack. Worse performance if anything. And it fit like crap. If it wasn't for the air filter boot it would have been rattling around like a tin can. It was a waste of money like the power now and quick shot.

With the tokyomods carb you can literally crack the throttle as fast as you can and it will not bog or even hesitate. It revs incredibly fast and crisp top to bottom. Unlike any thumper I've ever ridden... Worth every penny! nuff said!

im sorry you feel that way, but i had the exact opposite expirience with the TBT mod, it fit very well, and my bike doesn't bog at all. it IMO is the last mod you will ever have to do to your carb. :thumbsup:

maybe they put a heavier spring on the Ap linkage, that would fix the problem as without wiring things

read link below or go to the 450 forum.

forget the oring or rubber band, do the mod correctly. :ride:

Tokyo mods is removing the bowl baffle, changing the a/p spring, changing the throttle return spring, rejetting the leak, and changing either the diapham by installing a shorter one or modifying the cap for more travel.

just do the complete a/p mod described by redbeard.

I did it word for word but instead of shaving the rivet I bought a new diapham from honda that was shorter.

Then get the leak jet setup correctly and play with the needle and good to go.

$189.00 is pricy for something that just takes a little time an patience. :thumbsup:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343587

read link below or go to the 450 forum.

forget the oring or rubber band, do the mod correctly. :ride:

Tokyo mods is removing the bowl baffle, changing the a/p spring, changing the throttle return spring, rejetting the leak, and changing either the diapham by installing a shorter one or modifying the cap for more travel.

just do the complete a/p mod described by redbeard.

I did it word for word but instead of shaving the rivet I bought a new diapham from honda that was shorter.

Then get the leak jet setup correctly and play with the needle and good to go.

$189.00 is pricy for something that just takes a little time an patience. :thumbsup:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343587

Rodger that, people need to stop paying other people to do easy things, although some poeple just dont have machanical abilities