whats the problem????

Ive had my 06' 250f for about 10 months now. I jetted it when I got it and its ran super good until about a month ago. Now when the bike gets really warmed up its starts running like crap on the low end, popping and sounding really dirty. But if I get the rpm's up it runs like rapped ape. I thought I got some dirty gas so I cleaned the tank and the carb out. No dirt and still runs like crap. I also changed the plug, nothin.

Need your help. Thanks.

This last week my 06' started popping alot on idle and backfiring alot when I let offf of it. Took it to my dealer and they rejeted the carb.

Pilot Jet #45

Leak Jet #45

Main Jet #172

I think they got these specs off of team green manual, but it made my bike into a total differant machine, it's 30% more then I had before.

I checked the valves a couple of weeks ago and they were in spec. A freind of mine also has an 06' KX250F and our bikes are jetted the same, his runs fine. I'm going to check the TPS tonight. It seems like its an electrical problem. Has anybody ever had a problem with the ignition?

I would cheack the air boots. Sounds like you may have an air leak. also throughly clean the jets and accellerator pump. your choke maybe sticking also.

you problem doesn't sound like an ellectrical problem mainly because it wouldn't do it just in the low end.

If you still cannot figure out the problem then since your friend has an identical bike. swap the carbs see if that fixes yours and causes his to do the same. If so then its carb related if not well duh not the carb..

I would look into the valves after that then possibly head gasket.

change spark plug

theres me .02

I have an aftermarket screw made by Zip-Ty Racing, Its got a knurled knob on the end for easy adjustment. I tried a bunch of different settings and it hase'nt made it run better. I think I'm gonna take the carb off again and make sure the jets are clean. I also but a fuel filter to go inline, just to make sure no junk gets through. I'll let you know when I get it figured out.

Thanks for all of the input...