Sign in to follow this  

DRZSM stock carb question

Hey guys, have a question about the jetting on the stock 05DRZ400SM carb. This bike has

Elevation: 60meters, or 237 ft. (listed at the Chesterfield County airport website) Chesterfield County, VA

3x3

FMF Power UP kit SM specific on stock carb

Full yosh SS RS3

The previous owner installed the 150 main jet with the kit. I read the instructions in the kit and it said go with 155 main with a full exhaust. I installed the 155 and replaced the screws with the hex head bolts. I am not sure how many turns of the mixture screw there are as I did not mess with that, although I am sure the previous owner did when installing the kit. I also think the pilot jet is the stock one as well. However, the bike seems to bog slightly in places in the rev range, almost as though it doesnt hit quite as hard as it once did, it may all be in my head but do I have the proper jetting for the set up I am running?

hey man, the insert (and by insert you do mean spark arrestor correct?) is not in the bike, but I do have it, is it better to put it in or leave it out? The jet it is the FMF power up jet kit, SM specific.

yes, 3x3 155 main, stock pilot, unsure of the number of turns of the fuel screw though. Mainly looking for the optimal set up jetting wise given my specific variables of altitude, and full RS3 SS exhaust.

jetting should be

155 main jet

dj needle

clip 2

dj slide spring

25 pilot jet

2.5 turns fuel screw

make sure the stock needle spacers were reused and in the correct order.

ok, that jetting sounds like where the bike is now, Im fairly certain the previous owner new what he was doing and resued the stock spacers and put them back correctly. Thanks for the help, the slight bog could be in my mind only because I know I have messed with something.