Sign in to follow this  

Photos from Keivah / Dove springs

Nice pics.. :thumbsup: You know how people have scratched their name and a date on the inside of the cabin,into the wood. The last time I was there, the oldest I could find was from 1973. But I thought I had seen one from 1969

on an earlier trip.

I find it interesting and wonder what condition the trail was like back then etc. The first time I went there was in 1980 on my 79 yz250. I went with some guys I had met at dove springs, and the fire hadnt burned up there yet.

It was thick with trees all the way to the cabin. And then you could still ride past the cabin, and they took my down this long,steep,sandy ass hill. :applause:

Out of the five of us, only one guy rode all the way down. :ride:

The rest of us bulldogged the bikes down. Off on the lh side of the bike, frt brake on and both feet planted in frt and kind of slowly slid down to the bottom. :applause: I think it was called So Cal Hill.

Ok, I will stop reminiscing now :applause:

Nice pics.. :thumbsup: You know how people have scratched their name and a date on the inside of the cabin,into the wood. The last time I was there, the oldest I could find was from 1973. But I thought I had seen one from 1969

on an earlier trip.

I find it interesting and wonder what condition the trail was like back then etc. The first time I went there was in 1980 on my 79 yz250. I went with some guys I had met at dove springs, and the fire hadnt burned up there yet.

It was thick with trees all the way to the cabin. And then you could still ride past the cabin, and they took my down this long,steep,sandy ass hill. :applause:

Out of the five of us, only one guy rode all the way down. :ride:

The rest of us bulldogged the bikes down. Off on the lh side of the bike, frt brake on and both feet planted in frt and kind of slowly slid down to the bottom. :applause: I think it was called So Cal Hill.

Ok, I will stop reminiscing now :applause:

Thanks for the story next time I'm there I'll take a photo of the oldest signature I can find. As for another way down (So Cal Hill) i don't know it might be overgrown as far as we know one way in one way out but I'll do some homework on that

Where is that cabin located? I have been at Dove Springs! from there where to the cabin, need to ride more often!

N.E of the Canyon,When you come in off of the 14 FWY down the dirt road to the right there is a fairly large road after the power lines. That road turn into the Aqueduct road, Take that road N.E. to the Mountains.As you reach the foot hills there will be a sign that says Kievah just stay on that all the way :thumbsup::ride:

Where is that cabin located? I have been at Dove Springs! from there where to the cabin, need to ride more often!

I take the aquaduct road to trail SC5 right, then to SC65 left. SC65 will take you all the way to the cabin. Pick up a map at either the Jawbone store or the BLM ranger station.

Thanks for the story next time I'm there I'll take a photo of the oldest signature I can find. As for another way down (So Cal Hill) i don't know it might be overgrown as far as we know one way in one way out but I'll do some homework on that

Yeah it is only 1 way in and 1 way out now. That area is all

desiganted wilderness now, and the only trail you can legally ride on is the cabin trail. It had been almost 12 years from the first time I went there until I went again. The first time I was in survival mode,just trying to keep up

with the guys that took me I couldnt remember how to get back up there. :thumbsup:

I take the aquaduct road to trail SC5 right, then to SC65 left. SC65 will take you all the way to the cabin. Pick up a map at either the Jawbone store or the BLM ranger station.

You are absoloutely correct by looking @ my map 65 is the way :thumbsup:

Yeah, they used to race down SoCal hill.

I can remember my dad taking me up there in ..'69...'70 ?? to watch the race come down that hill.

Those guys flew down the trail (well, the fast ones did) barely on the brakes.

This was with 60's suspension remember !!!

I went up there last year to look at it from the bottom. You can still see where they used to come down. Pretty cool.

That cabin is cool! I miss Dove Springs and Jawbone :applause: The last time I went up there there was a pretty good amount of snow up top with ruts...that wouldnt have been a problem but their was ice in the bottoms of the ruts. Talk about a PITA getting back!!! Had to warm my hands on the engine just to get back to camp hahaha...nice pics! :thumbsup: