Sign in to follow this  

how much would you pay?

ok, i am not selling my cr80 quite yet but i would like to know what you guys would pay for my bike to get a general idea. please only reply with serious responces. it is an 02 cr80rb kbb says 1200$. but mine is in excelent condition. rebuild every 40 hours, will rebuild before i sell. always change the trans. oil every 10 hours. garage kept with a cover. clean after almost every ride never stored dirty. mods-

oem replacement rear caliper guard

factory effex gripper seat cover

pro circuit throttle tube

renthal standard bar and sx bar pad

asv levers

msr shift lever

stock gearing renthal sprockets

13t jt sprockets front sprocket

57t rear renthal sprocket

renthal chain

v force reed cage and replacement reeds

vertex piston kit

barnnet clutch kit

fmf fatty pipe and shorty silencer

K&N air filter and twinair spare filter plus stock filter

fmf graphics

new fork seals

seal savers

showa fork

oem replacement rims and spokes

and i will put new grips, spark plug, tires, and rebuild engine before i sell. that is more than 19 mods in all and many spare parts the bike will come with it is set up for offroad but could easily make a great supermini with a few mods to the suspension plus it is in great condition i think it is worth at least 1350-1500 any oppinons? anyone agree or disagree? and to give you an idea of the power, with a 13t front sprocket it is hard to keep the front end on the ground and has the low end power to climb most any hill and still tops out at 56 mph. my buddies 04 kx100 with an fmf pipe and silencer cant catch me in a drag race.

$1800 if it hasn't been raced I'd say $2000

raced once but did not race to hard because i am not good on the track.

1500 maybe over here in nj..the prices vary all over the country, i could get 1900-2000 at the most for my 01 CR250 in NJ but i know i could get close to 3,000 for it in So.Cal

Thats a good looking bike I still say around $2000 though where i live that is.

Good looking bike. Keep in mind, you rarely get a dollar back for every dollar you put into a bike. I don't know what the market is in MO, but I'd suggest you ask what ever you feel it's worth and put it up for sale a month ahead of when you really want to sell it. After a couple of weeks, if you don't get a bite, drop it down a couple of hundred to see what happens. MSRP for a new 85R is $3149.00 and even though your bike is 5 years old ('07s are out), because of the condition of the bike and the options you have installed, it would seem you should be able to get close to $2000 with a little effort.

I know everything goes up but I was surprised a '07 CR85R is over $3k. I bought a brand new 1987 CR500R off of the showroom floor for $3,400.00; in 1987 of course.

What it is worth and what you can get are two different things. The problem as you approach a decent value is this. People can go into the Honda dealership and finance one out the door for about 2500.00. This is usually zero down. Thats far easier for most of us than getting a loan or dropping that kind of cash.

You would be far better off selling the trick parts on ebay and being able to sell the bike for 1200.00.

No way $2k in MO. Im here in oklahoma and 04's fetch 1700-1800. It is clean but i wouldnt do anything else to it. Dont spend any more money if your selling it. I believe youll get $1400 tops for it. Of course in california or pennsylvania youd get $2k but down south bikes values depreciate much more. To tell the truth ive seen Nice 03' Kx250s go for not even $2k. Dont put it on ebay, you wont even get $1400, sell it locally asking $1700 and let the buyer talk you down. You might get lucky and sell it for more, just depends on the type of buyer. Good Luck :thumbsup:

Run your ad for $1900. Be a little hesitant (but not too much) to come down on the price when bartering, and make the new owner feel like he's carved out a good buy in addition to getting one badass little ride.

Win-Win

like I said $2,000 but I wouldn't let that nice bike go for less than $1,500

Soo true 2000 no less then 1500.

that is what i am going to do, and like sonobob said i am going to be hesatant but not stubborn about the price. i think if i could get between 1500 and 1700 now. the market for used bikes 125cc and up is dead around here everyone wants quads. but the market for bikes under 125cc is not to bad. anyway i think a bike with more than 1500 dollars worth of mods, and many brand new parts and extras should be worth it. oh and i had another question, i have a pair of moose handgaurds that cost me more than 60 dollars should i keep them on and throw some new grips on the bike(i had to cut the ends of the grips off) or should i keep them for myself and put them on my next bike?

oh and i had another question, i have a pair of moose handgaurds that cost me more than 60 dollars should i keep them on and throw some new grips on the bike(i had to cut the ends of the grips off) or should i keep them for myself and put them on my next bike?

Hmmmm....might as well flip a coin on that one.

Although, if they were off the bike....could be offered as one last 'throw-in' to help close the deal.....