Sign in to follow this  

Worst Dealership! Lancaster Honda, Lancaster PA

I live just outside of Lancaster Pa and the only Honda shop around is Lancaster Honda. I have been down to them a few times to see about getting work done to my bike or to just get some parts and every time it is a chore!

Every time I leave I say to myself that I will never go back and this time was the "straw that broke the camals back"! I had to get a new oil filter for my 450. I realized I was out of my stock so I thought Id run down to the dealer and pick one up. I usually go to B&B KTM for all my parts (because of above) but this time they didnt have the filter in stock SO I had to go to the Honda shop.

I walked in and got the filter only to find out they raised the price by over $2.00. $9.53 for an oil filter! You got to be kidding me!! B&B wanted $6.99!

I said ok just this once because I needed it. Then I asked if they could straighten out my left side radiator and the service guy tells me that they dont do that they just replace them and that he has never heard of people getting them straightened. Thats when i proceeded to tell him he is an idiot and that I was finished dealing with them!

I called B&B back and asked them if they do it and they told me that they have a place that could do it for me for about $35.00!

Now that is a MX shop! I have to go to a KTM Yamaha shop to get my Honda worked on and for parts! What a shame!

Honda better get around to the shops and figure out that they are going to loose business quicker with Sh*tty :ride: service then with a bad line of bikes. :thumbsup:

my local honda shop in sedelia mo is the same way there idiots over there i have to drive a hour and ahalf to got to a honda shop were they got a little since and they dont try to rip ya needless to say i order alot of parts from service honda now

I live just outside of Lancaster Pa and the only Honda shop around is Lancaster Honda. I have been down to them a few times to see about getting work done to my bike or to just get some parts and every time it is a chore!

Every time I leave I say to myself that I will never go back and this time was the "straw that broke the camals back"! I had to get a new oil filter for my 450. I realized I was out of my stock so I thought Id run down to the dealer and pick one up. I usually go to B&B KTM for all my parts (because of above) but this time they didnt have the filter in stock SO I had to go to the Honda shop.

I walked in and got the filter only to find out they raised the price by over $2.00. $9.53 for an oil filter! You got to be kidding me!! B&B wanted $6.99!

I said ok just this once because I needed it. Then I asked if they could straighten out my left side radiator and the service guy tells me that they dont do that they just replace them and that he has never heard of people getting them straightened. Thats when i proceeded to tell him he is an idiot and that I was finished dealing with them!

I called B&B back and asked them if they do it and they told me that they have a place that could do it for me for about $35.00!

Now that is a MX shop! I have to go to a KTM Yamaha shop to get my Honda worked on and for parts! What a shame!

Honda better get around to the shops and figure out that they are going to loose business quicker with Sh*tty :ride: service then with a bad line of bikes. :thumbsup:

Send some e-mails to American Honda Public Relations. That ougt to get them off their asses and out to see what the problem is with that dealership. Make sure you tell them that you had to buy your parts from a KTM/Yamaha dealer, that'll get them going!!

I agree with sending an email to honda PR, but that will do nothing.

I have recently learned about the P o W e R of the Better Business Bureau. Holy cow, let me tell you. If you put in a complaint against them if they do you wrong, you will get an immediate phone call from either American Honda and/or that shop and they will do whatever they can do not only make you a very happy camper, but get you to put a "resolved" on your complaint.

later.

It is not like they swindled money out of me by doing more than what was wrong or over charging me for hours working on the bike. Acutally, a year ago I had to have my valves re-done ( go figure on a 450) and I took it in for them to let me know if it was all it needed. They charged me 80 bucks to go over it and tell me it only needed Valves. I then asked them how much it would cost for them to do it. They came right out and told me "the book says". I said the book??

They then informed me that I could not bring down a striped bike nor just the head for them to work on. I had to bring down the entire bike for them to be able to charge me for the entire job.

Needless to say I told them to get bent. Ordered my parts on line and did it myself. I was running short on time and figured if they were decent in price i could save myself some time.

Since then I only go to them when the KTM dealer does not have something in stock and/or i couldnt get it off line and shipped for less then i could by buying it on line.

But, now raising the price of a stinkin oil filter by 2 more bucks and having an absolute IDIOT working in their service department that suggests i buy a new radiator every time I bend it, is the final straw!

I look at it this way, I want to go to a shop that is filled with people that do what i do and feel the same pain that i do and understand that this is not a cheap sport but, one that has you constantly buying things! Dont raise the prices on the small Sh*t and service. I also realize that it is a business and you can only stay in business if you pay your people well but also do not charge too much to your customer. It is a catch 22 that you have to be careful how you play the game.

Lancaster Honda perminantly lost a customer today and they can blame only themselves.

Suggestion- get a better service manager or atleast the brain dead guy at the counter. He has the personality of a burndt piece of toast!

There are 2 dealerships and one parts shop that have lost mine and my friends and family business for good. One was telling my brother to flat out lie to his wife about buying a bike. One was lieing to me when I was looking at buying a bike. And the parts shop accused me of shoplifting, which turned out to be a misunderstanding of the situation but Im still not goint back there.

What is happening with bike shops these days?

The best thing you can do is not use them. Also telling others will help in my opinion. Bad news spreads fast. If enough people feel as you do something will happen. Maybe a change of management or a change of ownership in severe instances.

My best advice for immediate change is to start building a list of qualified vendors off the internet for mail order & you're other nearest dealers.

If you purchased a genuine Honda oil filter for $9.53 they actually gave you a discount. A genuine Honda oil filter retails for $9.98.

Many shops don't straighten bent radiators because they will often fail after being straightened. They don't want to assume liability for overheating and ruining someone's engine.

If you purchased a genuine Honda oil filter for $9.53 they actually gave you a discount. A genuine Honda oil filter retails for $9.98.

Many shops don't straighten bent radiators because they will often fail after being straightened. They don't want to assume liability for overheating and ruining someone's engine.

whatevas

:thumbsup:

Cfave

From the shops point of view - maybe they realise theyare so lame on the tools that they are more secure in replacing parts rather than actually having the guts and skills to repair?

Perhaps US Honda has sent round a circular that says in the long run (time, warranty issues, non skilled work) that parts replacement is now their priority and therefore they wont back a dealer when something goes awry?

I realise you dont like this dealership - fair enough but perhaps parts replacement is easier in the long run?

jm2c

I needed an oil filter, chain lube and some filter oil one day, so I ran down to the Honda dealer here in Ogden, UT. I told the guy at the service counter that I needed an oil filter for an '04 CRF250X. Well the guy punched some buttons on his computer and searched through a bunch of different screens before he said "Sorry, we don't stock oil filters for that type of four wheeler." I was speechless for about five seconds. I simply said, "It's a dirt bike." He said "OOOOOOHH, well you should have told me that!" I couldn't believe all this happened, especially because there were two '06 250X's sitting less than 15 feet from the counter!

Honda shop is the same here. Its a Honda/yamaha dealership and they are the rudest overpriced dealer i have ever seen. Most of the time they ignore you until you get out the checkbook. they never have anything in stock which is a load of bullshit. And they talk to you like your an idiot. I order my parts at a Suzuki/kawasaki dealership.

you guys kill me.. dont u realize ull never escape tht. that is nothing. when they said theyve never heard of a radiator being straightened thats becuase they want you to buy a new one. more profit for them.nothing to complain about just say ok and go somewhere else. now if you want to hear of a shitty dealership i called andrews cycles in ohio last year and they had 04's for 4999. i tell the guy i want 1100 out of my 85 and he says "were in the ball park" so i ask dad to go there they look at my mint 85 and then offer 600. my dad was about to kill somebody. So the sales guy finally agrees to 1100 but they charge 400 shipping. 300 fluid and assembly and 400 in tax..my dad literally said **** you and we left.

you guys kill me.. dont u realize ull never escape tht. that is nothing. when they said theyve never heard of a radiator being straightened thats becuase they want you to buy a new one. more profit for them.nothing to complain about just say ok and go somewhere else. now if you want to hear of a shitty dealership i called andrews cycles in ohio last year and they had 04's for 4999. i tell the guy i want 1100 out of my 85 and he says "were in the ball park" so i ask dad to go there they look at my mint 85 and then offer 600. my dad was about to kill somebody. So the sales guy finally agrees to 1100 but they charge 400 shipping. 300 fluid and assembly and 400 in tax..my dad literally said **** you and we left.

haha, i have stopped buying from dealerships. Ebay and a variety of other online parts sites are my sources. "Do it yourself" and "buy used", some of the most important phrases i live by.

The only reason I ever walk in my local Honda shop is to look at bikes and visit a friend who is a mechanic in the back. I have been told way to many lies by the parts guys, and no sales guy has even spoke to me in almost two years after I asked several of them at once why their prices were so much higher than Southern Honda.. This dealership has an 05 CRF450R on the floor for $7,298 right now.

My friend the Honda mechanic said that if you take a bike in there for something simple like a valve check/adjust, spark plug replacement, basic tune-up, etc. you will get one of the knuckle-head rookies messing with your bike. However, they are able to turn down the less profitable work, because the demand is so high. I know of another local shop that has a sign saying they will not work on anything more than 7 years old.

I feel sorry for those guys that can't even do basic maintenace on their bike and insist on only taking it to the dealership. Online= Faster, Cheaper, Better Selection, Doorstep Delivery. The brick and mortar stores business model is flawed, and I am tired of the "you should support your local shop or they won't be their much longer" compete for my business, don't try to make the consumer compromise.

The exact same thing is going on with Scuba shops around the country... Online retailers have shed a light on their 200% markups and the only competitive advantage they now have are air fills which is usually only $5 per tank.

The thing that is unbelievable to me is how few parts the shops stock for late model bikes. Living in SoCal you would think that parts are easy to be had, especially with all the mega-sized shops around. Read...lots of clothes and other BS but light on the parts. The fact of the matter is that people who actually ride and work on their bikes now are forced to buy on the internet and send mechanical work out to motor shops in order to get work done right. It always makes me laugh when the parts counter is manned (and I'm using the term loosley) by the tatooed head to toe moto punk. You know the guy who you have to explain to that you need a small end bearing and he brings up the rear wheel screen. Oh and by the way if you need to get your radiator straightened there is a place I believe it is called Mylers or Meyres they usually advertise in the back of the mags in the really small adds. I sent them a radiator that was way bent and had a hole in it. I didn't think they could fix it but for 60$ they got the job done and it looked really good all things considered. Way better than the 280 that Suzuki wanted.

The truth hurts.

Or buy a SS and quit paying for new filters every other oil change. And never have to worry about running out of your stock of filters, just clean them and put it back in.

Also if you go to "Honda" and ask what to do with the rad they will say replace it. Most shops don't have the time to deal with such low dollar/high time stuff. It is simply not profitable. Sucks for you, who cares for them. They will still sell bikes and parts regardless of whether or not you return.

The rad, sent it to Mylers. Support the little guys. :thumbsup: