Sign in to follow this  

Ran out of H20 in Mexico

I ran my bike out of coolant in Mexico. The bike runs ok so I hope I didn't hurt it. The oring leaks where the head meets the coolant line on the head so I am going to replace. While I was at it I am going to replace the below parts I circled. My Questions are:

(1) do I need to replace the oring for the by-pass plug behind the side case?

(2) do I need to replace the seal on the impeller shaft that is behind the engine case?

(3) Should I purchase the 06' impeller?

rightcrankcasecover.gif

waterpump.gif

do you think it started leaking so the bike got hot or do you think the bike got hot enough to mess up the o-ring?either way i'd change all the o-rings associated with the cooling system. you just as well upgrade the impeller while your there :thumbsup:

I guess my question to all is: do I need to pull the side case off to get at

(a) the little by-pass oring bugger in the first pic

(:thumbsup: the seal on the impeller shaft, the one circled that is #8

To answer your question biketrdr we were doing some riding on the beach for awhile & coolant w/steam starting shooting out of the overflow. We pulled over for a beer in town. One thing lead to another & we stayed longer that we should. I had to follow my buddy's stock cracked headlight back to camp for about 35 miles. To make a long story longer I should of filled her back up w/at least water before the ride back, but I brain farted.

I guess my question to all is: do I need to pull the side case off to get at

(a) the little by-pass oring bugger in the first pic

(:ride: the seal on the impeller shaft, the one circled that is #8

i whould :thumbsup:

Is there anyone out there that has done this rebuild before?

I don't want to take off the side case if I don't have to.

I'm going to the dealer today & I know they won't have that by-pass oring in stock. I doubt they will even have the side case gasket in stock. I'm trying to get ready for Mammoth on Fri.