Sign in to follow this  

Got knocked out for the first time ever!

Well, today I went riding at the track and had a pretty nasty get-off. There's a camel hump sort of step up and I managed to case the double up because some guy jumped from the inside to middle. I was on the outside and saw him coming at me as I was hitting the jump. I looked over for a split second and cased the double. My left hand came off the bars and I veered over and face planted into the motor of the guy next to me. I was unconscious for 30 seconds to a minute according to what I've been told. As soon as I woke up I was standing up and refusing help. I guess I was babbling for a good 30-40 minutes before I regained memory. I think I at least bruised my ribs and may have cracked my jaw. My new TLD helmet is toast. It hit my face so hard on the left side that my teeth are all loose and my face is beyond swollen. I hurt really bad and my doctor is pissed that they didn't send me to the hospital.

I just thought I's let you guys know since I know most of the guys on here. I will be out for at least two weeks. The bike came out not too bad. The subframe is bent, the exhaust might be as well. My plastics are all gouged up but it looks like my bars and radiators came out unscathed. I'm pretty pissed about the helmet, but it is what it is. The doctor says I can't have a beer. We'll see about that. :applause:

Anyway, thanks for listening to my OT babble. I'll catch you fellas later. :thumbsup:

BTW - I can't be held responsible if this makes no sense, although I did utilize the spell check. :ride:

sorry dude hope you feel better soon. i'm going to drink my next beer for you :thumbsup:

Best of luck. Sounds like the Doc gave you a few pills, they like doing that.

Actually I didn't go. I hate having to sit and wait. My wife just called him. If I sound all drugged up, It's because I hit my head so hard blood started spewing out of my nose. My helmet and jersey are covered in blood and the back of my jersey is ripped wide open from where someone ran me over. I hurt a bit.

Yeah, sorry about the get off. Those damn pills seem to make things harder when its time to start getting active again. I know a bunch dudes that got hooked on pain meds coming off a hard crash.

Actually I didn't go. I hate having to sit and wait. My wife just called him. If I sound all drugged up, It's because I hit my head so hard blood started spewing out of my nose. My helmet and jersey are covered in blood and the back of my jersey is ripped wide open from where someone ran me over. I hurt a bit.

Get it on video ? :thumbsup:

You are a trooper...and I hear you about waiting at the doctors office....but I will advise you to have a beer or two. :thumbsup:

Dude I have had 3 concusions from being in the Airborne, If you are bleeding from your nose and ears after a hard hit to your head GO to the Docs! Anurisms (sp) are very common after a hard hit. they might want to put you on blood thinners!!

Not smart to be your own doctor right now! GO we wont think any less of you if you do!

BETTER TO BE BEING HELPED BY A DOCTOR THAN TO BE DEAD!

I would go to the Urgent Care center of your choice - NOW would be a good time. In addition to other things I can assure you your eyes need to be looked at too, and you do not want me to explain why.

I like your posts a lot but right now may not be a good time to be posting, but if you must post you may want to post in Dr Marks section of TT.

Anyone that loses consciousness should be treated as a trauma patient and taken to the hospital.

Hope you feel better soon, sorry to hear about the wreck. If you had been on the CR you would not have hit the ground, see what happens when you betray your beloved Honda, and run a Yamaha, you get bit. It was that poor handling and understeer of the Yamaha that got you wasn't it!!!

Just kidding, hope you get better soon.....think I would have a beer, to hell with doctors orders.

PS: The helment might be trash, but better the helment than your skull, sounds like it did what it was supose to do. Thank that bad boy and hang it on the wall proudly instead of cussing it. It did you a favour.

I wouldn't get back on the bike too soon. I've had about 5 concussions and they add up. I believe once you get your bell rung (really good) it doesn't take as much to ring it the next time. Get checked out medically and give it 3-4 weeks. Sorry to hear of the get off but the worse thing that could happen is another blow to the head.

You should go get checked out, would be a good idea.. I had a get off trail riding and they found me out cold, i was out for about 4-5 minutes we estimate.. Your lucky, you know how you crashed LOL Nobody saw mine.. I had a bad case of whiplash, had some speach problems for a while, but now im good too go.. Good excuse too get a new lid.. Glad your here too talk about it :thumbsup:

That sucks. Glad to hear you are in one peace though. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your crash bro....Get well soon.

Be glad you didnt break anything important.

Looks like youll be hitting up Ebay for parts eh?

:thumbsup:

I hit my head so hard blood started spewing out of my nose.
I'm no doc, but that sounds really bad. Get it checked out ASAP.