bike stand

I just bought one of these today. They are still on sale for the price shown in your link. I got lucky and found an open box unit on a clearance shelf for only $44.96!! :ride:

This is a good lift if you have the space for it. It's much bigger than a simple pedal lift that you might take with you in your truck. The Sears one is built to stay in the garage, but the bonus is it has casters to roll the bike around once lifted and ratchet straps that tie the bike firmly to the stand so it is seriously secure for wrenching. ?

It's worth $70 and it was a steal at $45!

What do you do to secure the front end? I put my bike on a stand to change the wheels and I was having a heck of a time with front moving all over. I ended up putting my front streetbike stand on it to hold them still. They lift the bike from the bottom of the fork tubes.

If any of you guys are interested,I make a bolt on stand that goe on the bike lift that Sears sells. It bolts on to the existing bike pad so it can still be used either way. It extends the lift about 14 inches taller than it is now. So...you have to lift your bike on it like a regular stand, then you can jack it up so you bike sits twice as high. It has to tie down points to keep that heay DRZ from fallin on you and is made of steel so it will last as long as the engine in your DRZ.(forver) duhh!!!! Send me a message if you are interested in one.

If any of you guys are interested,I make a bolt on stand that goe on the bike lift that Sears sells. It bolts on to the existing bike pad so it can still be used either way. It extends the lift about 14 inches taller than it is now. So...you have to lift your bike on it like a regular stand, then you can jack it up so you bike sits twice as high. It has to tie down points to keep that heay DRZ from fallin on you and is made of steel so it will last as long as the engine in your DRZ.(forver) duhh!!!! Send me a nessage if you are interested in one.

Got any pics of your bolt on stand? ?

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

Here are some pics of the bolt on stand. Let me know what you guys think. I can make a lot more of them. It works great for oil canges and any other engine work. All you need is a small catch pan that fits under the lift. No more messes!!! You no longer have to bust your back by leaning over all day.

I like the concept of your jack extension, but I have a couple of questions. First, the contact points where the bike sits are even further apart than the rubber pads on the jack. I had a problem with the jack pads being too far apart to contact the bike on good lifting points and had to use a piece of wood to provide a flat surface. Where exactly does the lift contact your bike?

Secondly, the damn DRZ is too heavy to easily lift by hand, and that's why I got a jack in the first place! :ride: How about making your extension short enough that you can slide it under the bike (when bolted to the jack) and then there would be no manual lifting and still a good increase in total lift height. ?

I was going to make something like this with wood, but your steel fabrication would be much better.

Thanks!

I bought a DRC HC stand with shock damper

http://www.mxsouth.com/drc/drc_bikestands_hc_stand_with_damper.htm

Plus the guys at MX South were great to work with.

I understand they have a new once coming out. Works great, can lift my KLX by myself, lowers like a breeze, light weight and reasonably priced.

I have the same stand, works great! Bought mine from Forrest at Wheeling Cycle Supply.