Sign in to follow this  

Question about Jetting Database

Embarrasing :thumbsup: question, but what do they mean by

Model (S, E, or K) ???

I cannot for the life of me figure it out!

I got a new and still stock S model and I'm lokking for doing the 3x3 mod to it but i would like to know if the jets comme in the DynoJet kit and also what would you chose for jets for a average ride from 3000 to 5500ft knowing that the mod will be done on the stock pipe and also the 3x3 air box. Also where can we buy the fuel mixture screw. thanks for your help

I got a new and still stock S model and I'm lokking for doing the 3x3 mod to it but i would like to know if the jets comme in the DynoJet kit and also what would you chose for jets for a average ride from 3000 to 5500ft knowing that the mod will be done on the stock pipe and also the 3x3 air box. Also where can we buy the fuel mixture screw. thanks for your help

jetting kits come with a main jet assortmant and may come with a larger pilot jet depending on the kit. if you go to dynojet they say exactly what comes with it. fuel screw comes from TT store, get the keintech instead of the zip-ty. steel vs. aluminum

here ya go

http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/3109.pdf

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/product_p/int_kientech_drzsfms.htm

get the float bowl screws as well

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/product_p/int_tt_drzbltkt.htm

or if ya just wanna go to the local harware store they are M4 x 0.70 (3) 10mm

and (1) 12mm

start your own thread for jetting advise

before i got my fcr i had the stg 1 DJ kit and ride in ver similar conditions

my setup:

all stock except 3x3

MJ 142.5

PJ 25

dynojet needle on clip 3

tune fuel screw for smooth idle

thaks for the help Sean. That's some good info. I read about the database for the jet and thay were showing MJ134 PJ25 and 4th clip with stock needle. What do you think about that? By the way, what are the stock jet setup un the S model?

thaks for the help Sean. That's some good info. I read about the database for the jet and thay were showing MJ134 PJ25 and 4th clip with stock needle. What do you think about that? By the way, what are the stock jet setup un the S model?

the stock needle is much different and runs much richer. therefore needing a smaller main jet. whichever kit and or needle you use will determine your main jet size. stock uses around a 134 while the dj kit uses around a 142.5 while the jd kit uses a larger one yet. the stock needle has only one clip position, so i dont know why they said 4th clip when there isnt a 4th clip on a stock needle.

stock S model jetting

142.5 main

22.5 pilot

stck needle with out adjustments

fixed fuel screw (i think they run em about 1.5 turns out)

also notice that i corrected some info above. i said "M3" bolt size when they are actually "M4"

thanks. I think I will start with the MJ134 PJ25 and stock needle with the 3x3 and stock pipe mod. For the fuel screw, I will have to order the extended one unless the stock can be turned out to 2.5 turn "if needed". How does it sound?

thanks. I think I will start with the MJ134 PJ25 and stock needle with the 3x3 and stock pipe mod. For the fuel screw, I will have to order the extended one unless the stock can be turned out to 2.5 turn "if needed". How does it sound?

you can turn out the stock one but there is a pressed in brass plug that must be removed. drill a hole, screw a sheet metal screw into it and pull out with pliers. i recommend you get a jetting kit as the needle makes all the difference