Sign in to follow this  

Which Clutch Basket

It is time for a new clutch basket for my Rm125. There are a couple on the market and was wondering which one is good value for money and will last.

MAGNUM BILLET CLUTCH BASKET

VORTEX CLUTCH BASKET

WISECO FORGED CLUTCH BASKET

HINSON CLUTCH BASKET

Any others?

I got one on EBay for $150.o It is a Wisco.....like the piston people. It has been in for some time with no problem.

Kevin

It is time for a new clutch basket for my Rm125. There are a couple on the market and was wondering which one is good value for money and will last.

MAGNUM BILLET CLUTCH BASKET

VORTEX CLUTCH BASKET

WISECO FORGED CLUTCH BASKET

HINSON CLUTCH BASKET

Any others?

Go with barnett basket. They have stainless inserts soo you won't groove it.. :thumbsup:

Go with barnett basket. They have stainless inserts soo you won't groove it.. :thumbsup:
I second that. Not only does it eliminate grooving, the stainless inserts are harder than the aluminum basket, so clutch action is smoother and easier because the plates slide across the stainless better.

I second that. Not only does it eliminate grooving, the stainless inserts are harder than the aluminum basket, so clutch action is smoother and easier because the plates slide across the stainless better.

Would the added rotating weight of the inserts act as a flywheel weight and make more tractable power or slow the bike down?

Wouldn't the Stainless go into my engine once I start to groove or notch the inserts? The Stainless being much harder than aluminium would this not be a bad thing to have in my oil?

Would the added rotating weight of the inserts act as a flywheel weight and make more tractable power or slow the bike down?

Wouldn't the Stainless go into my engine once I start to groove or notch the inserts? The Stainless being much harder than aluminium would this not be a bad thing to have in my oil?

The inserts would not make a difference in weight, that you would notice .. The stainless will not flake,groove like the aluminium will.. :thumbsup: