DRZ E Gearing

What would be a good front and rear sproket combo be for me, I only use the bike on the road to get to trails, mostly moderate spped trails, no real in-wood riding but some tricky stuff.

The previous owner thought 13/49 was the way to go but I already know this is much too low for me.

The stock E 14/47 gearing is what I run on my S model, and I do the same kind of limited on road riding you describe. It works very well offroad.

I might even go a little deeper, and replace my rear sprocket with a 48, next time around.

?

I run the stock E gearing, 14 x 47, for mostly dirt with a little road. I have a second set of wheels for mostly road with a little dirt, DOT tires, and run 14 x 44. The road gearing lowers engine rpm's a lot at 55 mph, but I do miss the lower 1st gear in tight stuff. If I had only one set of wheels, I'd stay with stock gears because the dirt is more important to me.

I think the stock gearing would be well suited to your needs, 14/47. I ride roads to get to the trails, it's a little low geared for highway speeds, but a good compromise when you hit the trails. ?

I second this..I run the stock 14/47. It's a little tall for the singletrack, but is a good compromise when you hit the road. Might try a 48 on the back when my 47 wears out.

I'm coming from a DR350 enduro with the 6 speed box and am noticing you have to be a lot more positive when moving from stand still - the DR you could pop the clutch out at low revs and all would be fine. With the few rides I've had on the Z it seems you have to feather the clutch a little more although the engine is new so It's only been a 10min run down to check for leaks etc.

Think I'll go heads for 47 tails for 48......