320mm Bracking wave disc (front)

The SM has a 310mm disc.

To fit a 320mm disc you will need to change the calliper bracket.

Theory says that a bracket for a 10mm oversize disc is what you need.

If you check the part numbers for.

1/ SM calliper bracket

2/ S calliper bracket

If they are the same ?? you can use the "Braking" bracket for the DRZ 260mm disc.

Talon Engineering are the main agent for Braking discs.

Link, they have always been very helpfull to me.

Neil. ?:ride::applause:

This has already been tried guys, without success - only one company makes a 320 kit for the SM, and it mounts the caliper really low and looks like shit.

Nate and I are working on a project to make a replacement collet that will replace the stock one at the bottom of the left fork leg on an SM. Then you will be able to use any companies 320 conversion kit for the regular DRZ's.

I'm currently bidding on a pair of RM fork tubes on ebay that we'll use as the donor to get the dimensions for the new billet collet. If I win these, we're off and running on our project!

So its the bracket i assume thats the issue..If the rotor will fit i will machine a new bracket to keep the caliper in the same location..

I use to do this on my gsxr's when i installed larger 320mm rotors...

Isnt the stock DRZ 310mm if so a bracket will need to be made anyway..Correct.

Just won the RM fork legs on Ebay - so the project is a go!

SWEET!!! :ride::applause:

I've been working on a relocation bracket design for the SM with ZERO success so far... I can't work a mill worth didley... :applause: AND... I'm running out of "affordable" raw stock... (Read: FREE)

PLEASE... If you and Nate would be so kind, put me at the top of the list when you get the new collet built... Good luck guys!!! ? Keep us posted!!!

On paper, the P0W02 bracket should work for the stock caliper. I have heard mixed things from others though as far as if it actually works, or is in fact the same dimensions as the stock SM bracket. It would be great if you would actually get it and see if it indeed does work.

Even if it works, you are stuck with the stock caliper. The setup Nate and I are going for will allow the use of an aftermarket 4 piston caliper for much stronger, fade resistant brakes.

Talked with braking today...Indeed the bracket is designed for the DRZ400SM. It will be hear tommorow..With this bracket i can make a replic to accept a different caliper like i did with some of the race bikes (street) i did.It beat starting from scratch..And i have a good friend that works for vesra so hopefully we can come up with a good brake combination.....Ill keep you updated...Hopefully with some pics if you like.